Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork butt using the Flame Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork butt using the Flame Boss

https://myflameboss.com/cooks/207949 Here is the link to my cook. First time using the flame boss and I love it. Was able to do an overnight cook and stay asleep. One big rise in temp that I closed the top vent. Closed it again later. Now I know where to start it from next time. Will be making pastrami for Easter so that should be good second cook with the FB. Started last night around 1030pm and it steady rose to 170 and then stalled and then stalled again around 182. Finally got up to 195 and wasn't probe tender quite yet. So I let it cook for another 3 hours til it got to 199-200 and it was perfect. Now it's resting in foil and towels. Will let rest for 2.5-3.5 hours.
    Attached Files

Thanks for sharing you My Flame Boss cook! Love it!

Comment

• jstjohn83
      jstjohn83 commented
      Editing a comment
      In texas brisket is king but I love me some pork. it's also easier to cook

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      and cheaper!

• jstjohn83
      jstjohn83 commented
      Editing a comment
      That reminds me, I need to pick some more up. They're on sale for 97 cents per pound

Great cook! I really like the Flame Boss. I need to start using it more.

Comment

Great lookin' hunk o' meat.

Comment

• jstjohn83
        jstjohn83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! It was very delicious

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here