Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instantpot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instantpot

Has anyone smoked a Butt for a couple of hours to get smoke than finish it up in an Instantpot?

That sounds like a terrorist plot to me.

Comment

I've done it. The flavor is good but there really isn't any bark. Also, the fat did not render off much so there was a decent amount in the pot.

Comment

Good to know, Hulagn1971 . I enjoy smoking PBs so much all the way that I wouldn't want to use an Instant Pot for that. But I have used leftover PB in Instant Pot Posole and other meals. Works great. Sometimes I just put the frozen chunk of pulled pork in the pot and continue on with the recipe, adding about 5 minutes more to the cook time if I think it won't thaw in time for shorter Instant Pot cooks.

Kathryn

Comment

Thanks!!
          Winter is almost over here in the north. I'll soon be back to overnight cooks. I was looking for a indoor way to make some pulled pork.

Comment

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            Try just using your oven set to 225°F-ish. Paint the outside of the butt with a little liquid smoke before adding the dry rub if you like.

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            The oven would be the way to go. If possible, take it to the stall in the smoker and then finish up in the oven. Turns out great this way.

I wouldn’t think of doing a pork butt that way.

Comment

I think I found a solution to my indoor Pulled Pork problem. I need to give it a try.

Comment

Oi just use the instant pot for side dishes. It's great for that.

Comment

If you are willing to smoke it for a couple hours... I would think finishing it in the oven is the way to go. With the understanding that your house will smell like you smoked it inside 😳

Comment

Throw it in your PBC on the grate and just let it ride all day. No problem with the cold or snow. And no tending for you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here