Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Ya’ll Cooking for St Paddy’s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Ya’ll Cooking for St Paddy’s?

We’re headed to Death Valley next weekend in the RV. We will be hosting a dinner for 12 people on St Paddy’s day. I carry a small pellet cooker, a Weber Jumbo Joe, a camp chef stove and there is a fire pit at our campsite. Thinking Pastrimi from store bought corn beef, but looking for other ideas. There must be some Irish pit masters among this group?

Jameson’s or Bushmills Black Bush and maybe some Smithwicks Beer as a side?

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Love me some Smithwicks...that beer rocks!!!

Now that’s a great way to start a bar fight, ask a bunch of Irishmen...Bushmills or Jamson? LOL

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      My Doyle half is waking from its winter slumber. Sláinte

• Pirate Scott
      Pirate Scott commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, and Killians Draft will do.

• Greasy
      Greasy commented
      Editing a comment
      Tullamore Dew is my favorite.

Ok, Enough drinking banter, I just put the spatchcock chicken on for tonight’s dinner, poured myself a whisky... now back to my question.... what to make for St Paddy’s day???

Comment

• Georgia rookie 903
      Georgia rookie 903 commented
      Editing a comment
      i read about the Reuben burger by clint cantwell ,in the amazing ribs newsletter or the Rockin Reuben sandwich by, meathead

Sacrilege, I know, but I thought this looked interesting. Kimchi Corned beef. Using kimchi instead of plain ol' cabage.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      EdF 👍

• BourBonQ
      BourBonQ commented
      Editing a comment
      If that's wrong then I don't wanna be right.

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      BourBonQ Ha! Yeah, I thought it sounded kinda good.

I’m a big fan of Kimchi. If you visit Samsung or LG in Korea (I used to for biz) every table in the caffarteria had crocks of it, served like we serve bread. When you return home, your wife will definitely know you were in Korea...the garlic smell comes out your pores. It’s great cologne.

Comment

traditional corned beef 'n cabbage with carrots and potato's. Have a large purdy flat corning right now. Cut it in half and half will be pastrami and half will be corned beef. If the half for corned beef is too big - it's just me 'n the wife, then I just might grind up some for the new ground corned beef burger I see Clint has posted. Yum..

Comment

• JCGrill
        JCGrill commented
        Editing a comment
        Doing the same. 1/2 corned beef, 1/2 pastrami. But the corned beef is for St Paddy's, the pastrami later.

Were packing up for our trip today. Hitting Costco to get maybe 4 pre packaged corn beefs. Gonna Sous vide for 36 hours, then smoke for Pastrami. Cant wait.

Comment

Got a flat Corning as we speak... followed by smoking a pastrami ....

Comment

The usual: Corned beef and cabbage with carrots and potatoes ... and beer ... and, just for good measure, a bit of Jameson later.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you see Meathead's grilled, smoked cabbage recipe. I stumbled across it today, and it looks like it would be killer in the traditional "boiled dinner".

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            EdF - I did and while I probably won't do it for St. Patrick's, I've put it on my do-it-pretty-soon list.

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too!

Got a flat corning right now. My first time corning my one. Was a 6 pound flat. 4 lbs in the bag, the remaining 2 I cubed and will grind for burgers some night this week.

Comment

Whatever Ronnie the Limo Driver recommends as last year's was fantastic!

Some here will get what I'm saying.

Comment

I’m not really sure. I going to do some BB’s ribs, a couple of PBs, beef short ribs and a chuck roast just ain’t sure what I will be cooking first.

Comment

corned beef and cabbage store bought,because every year that wiley St.Pat sneaks up with out warning and I'm out of time for brine!

Comment

Well....I just picked up two cured brisket points, so.................

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here