Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Bloopers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Bloopers

A recent thread (which will go unnamed) made me think we should have a BBQ bloopers thread. Where you fess up about putting the brisket on the top of the car and drove off, or the time you left the wonderfully marbled ribeye unattended for a minute and came back to a flaming meteorite, or maybe the time you wrapped a smelly old towel around your brisket.
    (Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental)
    I would start but the fish are biting I can't bloop if I don't have anything to throw on the Q.

Here's half a blooper:

I had a turkey on the rotisserie long before I joined The Pit and didn't notice when the motor gave out. The turkey was only cremated on one side. The other side could have used a bit more time, but I decided to call it a day anyway...

Comment

I cooked for a bachelors party a few years ago. It was out on a guys hunting property. I towed the smoker behind the motor home and stayed on site with all the other guys. Lots of tents and campers it was a blast. I cooked 18 racks of ribs. A little drinking was going on during the day and all night of course.
      Got up the next day and packed up and left. A week later I go to put pork butts on the smoker and way in the back was a rack of ribs left from the week before! No I didn't eat it!

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Please don't tell me you threw out a perfectly good mother-in-law meal.

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        lol!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        <piggysnort> lmao </piggysnort>

I spent all day prepping and making my first batch of Beef Rib Pinto beans and accidentally left the batch sitting overnight on the stove after cooking it. I only had one bite before forgetting about it. I'm actually trying it again today with the Brisket I made yesterday. No way I'm forgetting about it this time!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been that guy, way too many times lol!
        "Endeavor to persevere"

Once a bunch of years back when I had a Chargriller COS and before I knew how to cook, that is before I joined the pit. And having no idea about fire management or temp control I added a whole lot of splits to the fire box and went and fell asleep. About an hour later I woke up to find 2/3 of the paint on the fire box burned off.
      And talk about turbo ribs. Needless to say they didn’t see the dinner table.

Comment

lol! I think I melted the plastic knobs off a gas grill way back when I noddedoff....

Comment

We have an older "FAIL!" topic here, check it out! https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...aps-and-oopses

Comment

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            aww, sorry! I searched bloopers!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here