Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you BBQing tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you BBQing tomorrow?

I'm going to smoke this tasty looking chuck roast. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180301_171334.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	461491

I just dry brined a beef roast myself. Tomorrow I will SV it, then chill, and smoke. This idea came from johnec00 over on the Show us What You're Cooking thread on Feb 23rd. Thanks johnec00 .

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      What sort of roast?

• johnec00
      johnec00 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the shout-out Skip . . . Let us know how your roast turns out.

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Bottom Rump Roast

I dry brined a short rib roast and it's ready for the rub tomorrow am. Looking forward to some dino ribs for dinnerf. A little worried about cook time as these ones seem to have less meet above the bone. Figure 6-7 hours instead of 10 or so.

Comment

I'm going to try to keep the rubber on the road in spite of the snow and ice.

Comment

18 truck tires! 😂

Comment

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahaha!

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          Only 18?

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice, savorize the smoke

Ribs. I have 6 racks in the freezer that need to be smoked.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Um, they probably will be for the most part, tomorrow. Even if they are not, they will be just fine, going from frozen. You get a killer smoke ring when you do it that way. Attjack

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to know that's a possibility.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I try to avoid freezing anything, as I think it effects quality. But in this case I had no choice. It works well though. Attjack

Might be to windy but we'll see. Could be hamburglars or chicken thighs. If 60 mph winds? Steaming crab legs.

Comment

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          Ended up making Texas Red with the ground chuck on the stove inside. Toooo windy to have charcoal burning. It was good but no smoked chuckie flavor. 😕

Smoking cheese.

Comment

I just pulled baby back ribs and chicken legs from the deep freeze - may not be tomorrow but we will likely have them over the weekend!

Comment

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a friend who's meat locker turned off cause the gfci tripped. He didn't know it tripped cause the electricity was on. Would be nice to have a meat locker temp alarm.

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, a few years back I had a chest style deep freeze die out in the garage in mid summer, when it is in the 90's in the garage every day here in Alabama. I imagine it had been dead for about 2 weeks when I found out. I opened the lid and promptly threw up. Nothing worse than that smell, and it was a pain to clean up.

• Sfdrew28
            Sfdrew28 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same thing happened to me a few months ago. I had a car detailer trip my GFCI outlet in the garage and he never told me. All my meat thawed and went bad. I had no clue because it was a closed system of only two outlets and no other lights went off.

Nothing, but at least two briskets coming up in a week or two. Found a meat shop one hour away and need to see if they got some pork belly.

Comment

Pastrami

Comment

Nothing. But I am thinking about ribs this weekend. That or country style ribs.

Comment

Attempting Malcom Reeds newest recipe. Smoked Breakfast casserole hitting the smoker tomorrow morning.

Comment

The 4 KCBS food groups! In Jackson, MS. Got a beautiful Creekstone prime brisket yesterday. Haven't even laid knife to it yet. I really don't like having to trim at a contest, but I'm glad I didn't miss the birthday dinner last night (yellow fin tuna grilled rare with lemon caper sauce!).

Comment

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good luck CSQ !!!

• CandySueQ
                  CandySueQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks!

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So did you have to cook your own birthday dinner? My wife feels "bad" when I say I want to grill or something for my own birthday, but I tell her that is my idea of a good day on August 11th - hanging out by the grill with a beer, and jumping in the pool to cool off.

Nothing tonight, dinner at my parents'.....but tomorrow I have a few racks of ribs going on the Yoder. A buddy of mine who's in love with my ribs and brings bourbon & Scotch (and who's wife is one of my wife's best friends) is coming over. Supposed to be sunny and mid 40s. Should be a good day.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here