Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a butt man...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a butt man...

Especially when you have these butts! Local grocer has them on sale @ .98/lb (limit (2) 2 pack/person). Stocked up while the sale is going. May even send Mrs. cwain to the store to get 2 more packs. Click image for larger version

Name:	butts.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	452349

That is a great deal!!

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Do I see someone else sitting at the round table???

When the store has limits like that I take my purchases out to the truck, go back in and pick a line with a different cashier. Then repeat.

Comment

score!

Comment

Very nice score!

Comment

I'd get at least 4 of those and go right to the register. Play dumb and carry yourself with confidence, and the cashier won't say anything 99% of the time. Guaranteed they would rather sell the others to you than have to restock it. Or do what ComfortablyNumb does.
          Last edited by Steve R.; February 9, 2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

So I assume this means we can't have the round table on pork butts without you? Looks like we got one more to join us!

Comment

• cwain8845
                cwain8845 commented
                Editing a comment
                This round table sounds fun! Who is already seated?

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Not sure quite yet. We are working on getting people together. Pop over to this thread and let us know you are in. Should be a great time. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...bq-round-table
                cwain8845

• cwain8845
                cwain8845 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds interesting. I responded in the thread.

Well done.

Comment

I am a Butt man, too. Need I say more. When I still lived in Louisiana they were dirt cheap, but they periodically go on sale here in Dallas. But what I have picked up in Dallas is $1.77 per pound choice brisket on sale. Oh, I still love LSU even though I am a UNO grad.

Comment

• cwain8845
                  cwain8845 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As do most UNO grads

Never seen them that cheap around here! $1.29 is about as low as it goes. Seen a choice brisket today at $6.99 a lb!

Comment

• cwain8845
                  cwain8845 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow! I’m not happy if I pay over $3/lb for brisket. Most of the time the Costco near me has prime packers for 2.99/lb.

• Frozen Smoke
                  Frozen Smoke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah I'm in a brisket desert up here. $3.99 is more typical. This was in one of the higher end grocery stores where the beautiful people shop. I picked it up just to look at the price and got a chuckle.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here