Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donut zone cookin’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donut zone cookin’

Click image for larger version

Name:	BE2A7958-DB4C-441C-9D89-683AE03B1A04.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	452087Click image for larger version

Name:	73288F4F-7B1A-407C-8FA4-6B2F708E3994.jpeg
Views:	129
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	452086Click image for larger version

Name:	620E0D4D-8D51-4785-BAAF-C70B938B51D9.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	452085 I’m learning every day. Read about the Two-zone cook method on the weber and that sounds like a great idea, but I’ve been using the donut-zone method since the wheel was invented (or maybe since the donut was invented?)! I tried chicken on my pellet smoker and then my gas grill set up for two-zone. Both wife and I decided to go back to the donut-zone method on the weber. Coals in the donut hole, chicken in the donut zone, priceless!

oh, I forgot. Flip every 15 min three times, then mop em and flip every 5 min over coals till 1 hour.

Comment

A new trend!

Comment

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        ah, I see another visionary in the pit!

I like doing chicken with the Vortex. Click image for larger version

Name:	34100606491_32a3eeb073_c.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	452113

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        smokenoob as DW shows. The Vortex is absolutely the best for doing wings on the kettle.
        Plus you can flip it and it makes a great searing machine.
        Don’t get me wrong. It cannot replace the SnS for most cooks. But it definitely has its place.

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        don’t know the vortex, need to look it up!

is the vortex obtanium?

Comment

Love it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0212.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	452119

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh man! I would have traded you some chicken for some crab!

Nice solution

Comment

Food looks great, but i so wanted this topic to have smoked doughnuts.

Comment

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL! I figured I might flush out a few donut eaters with that title! hmmmmmm, donuts on the grill, now I’m interested!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here