Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over the top Chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the top Chili

first attempt at this today...came out amazingly well. have tasted others before with ground beef, much to my liking. I used a chuck roast for mine and really love it. excited when the first time something goes well. anyone else make this? any suggestions! I'll post pictures and recipe if desired.

Great Job!!!
    Congrats, pics an receipt desired, please!

Comment

Pictures and recipes are always desired!

I love making chili with chuckies. Another great treat is to use brisket in chili.

I look forward to your pictures.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Not short ribs?

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I would use short ribs too, but they are more expensive. Love me some short ribs.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker , no sorry needed; I jus found it comical that our posts were so similar!
        Jocularity!

I made some 2 weeks ago 2lbs hot sausage 2 lbs tri tip did not have any chuck

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure that was awesome!

Absolutely bring on the pics and recipe. My wife is the chili cook here, we have been using chuck for the last few batches and it is so much better than ground beef. I plan on using some brisket next time I cook one. I also plan on cooking it in my cast iron dutch oven on the Kamado Joe lid off for a while to see if it will pick up some smoke flavor. Anyone else cook it on the grill?

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        I have before, but it was out of necessity. If you smoke your brisket or Chuck onions, and garlic for 2-3 hours before you cut it up, the chili will have smoke.

• vandy
        vandy commented
        Editing a comment
        I hadn't thought of that, good idea. I was just going to put the chili on the Big Joe after my wife got it all mixed up together the way she wants it instead of cooking it on the stove. The chuck meat we use is already ground up (I grind it myself) my wife browns it in a skillet on the stove before she mixes it in with the other ingredients.

I like almost all homemade chili

Comment

Pics!

I use chuck-eye steaks for my comp chili. But I love all chili!

Comment

alblion72 , congrats on your killer chili cook. Yes, please and thank you, the recipe would be great, if possible.

Smoked chuckie is good in marinara meat sauce too. Makes a killer lasagna as well as teaming up well with spaghetti.

Kathryn

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Ooooo, never thought of tryin that, Doc!!!
            Thanks fer openin that door...
            Milady! (bows)

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yea Kath, with marinara IS a good idea

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            "Smoked Bolognese Sauce" - yum!

Now I gotta go buy a chuckie. Made me hungry.

Comment

I also need to go out and make a chuckle. The temps are dropping and the snow is flying in the Twin Cites.

Comment

Chili is climbing up on my short list of things to make or goulash. I always use chuckie in chili. Goulash gets the ground beef.
              One thing both get is Red Eye habanero bloody mary mix. A good bloody mary mix makes a great base for chili or goulash.

Comment

Snowed hard in Nebraska. Made chili using leftover pulled pork. Really like that but leftover brisket and smoked chuck are also good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here