Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Homecoming Meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-bone View Post
    During my 22 years in the Navy, I pretty much traveled around the globe and loved trying all the different cuisines. But I usually craved two things when I came off deployments, one was a giant, thick, juicy wood-fired ribeye and the other was Texas-style BBQ Brisket. It always seemed like the steaks I had overseas, while in some cases were tasty, they usually were smaller, thinner, not cooked over charcoal and rarely a ribeye. Just not your typical American steak & potato meal. Pretty much every country has their version of BBQ and some of it is amazing, but I can't ever recall finding anything that came close to a traditional Texas-style BBQ Brisket. Having grown up in Texas, brisket was true comfort food and a slice of home that I couldn't wait to have once I got back from deployments.

Good luck, Fly Navy and thanks for keeping the watch, Shipmate.
    Go to agree with you on the brisket, haven't seen anything similar to it. But me and my Liberty buddies hit the best steak house in every port we visited and enjoyed all of them. they were definitely slimmer though.

Comment

Well I got home, cleaned up the WSM some, did a NY strip, then hunkered down for my first brisket. Wasn't perfect but came out alright. Feels good to be home.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks good and welcome home. Goon Pride BBQ thanks for your service!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here