Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paella

I'm looking for a recipe for making Paella on a BGE.

I posted one a while back using my Kamado Joe

Comment

Have you seen my recipe on the free site?

Comment

I'll have to dig up my recipe, Meathead's looks FANTASTIC though. Been a lot of years but I do mine on the kettle. Now I'm hungry!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 4.19.56 PM.png
Views:	169
Size:	529.6 KB
ID:	438839

Name:	273128_2131293958699_6750066_o.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	438840

Comment

If you're into sous vide, here's a real nice Tyler Florence inspired paella;

ChefSteps is here to make cooking more fun. Get recipes, tips, and videos that show the whys behind the hows for sous vide, grilling, baking, and more.

Comment

I used a recipe from this site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/paella/paella.htm

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Very good article!

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, that was a great how to article. One of the better ones I have read.

My brother in law makes a damn good paella. We used the kettle one time but will never use a bbq again. it makes a huge mess and he actually purchased a dedicated propane burner and pan that go together which turns out great results.

There is a lot of splattering of the oils and everything while you are frying or browning the chicken before adding the rice and letting everything simmer.

Anyways my personal opinion is to use a gas burner which is not on your deck or concrete that can stain everything.

Cheers,
        JimmyD

Comment

This is the base of my paella. Over the years, I’ve combined a few recipes but this was where I started. I always used my gas grill until recently when I tried it out on my kettle grill. Pics below from the last cook. Loved it! Have fun cooking it up!

There are many, many paella recipes. Originally paella was a dish made in Valencia using chicken, rabbit, snails and three kinds of fresh beans. Now, paella is almost always associated with seafood, chicken and vegetables. There is no right or wrong recipe, only the recipe that pleases you. Paella ingredients vary from place to place, and time to time, depending on local traditions and the ingredients available. Anything from fresh garden produce to holiday left-overs can inspire a cook to create an original version of this one-dish feast! The dish was named after the pan it is cooked in, a Paellera, which is also used for a variety of rice dishes, such as arroz negro, as well as the Spanish pasta dish: fideua.This is only one recipe, use your imagination and the ingredients at hand, varying the ingredients can make Paella an everyday dish.Please note that all ingredient portions are PER PERSON, therefore please multiply each ingredient amount listed by the number of people you intend to serve.  For an 8-person paella, for example, you will need 8 x 1/3 cup or 2 2/3 cups of Bomba rice.  For reference, each 1kg bag of Bomba rice contains 20 1/3 cup servings.

Attached Files
          Last edited by barelfly; January 13, 2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• gcdmd
            gcdmd commented
            Editing a comment
            It looks beautiful and delicious. Unfortunately, the link didn't work. I went to the web site and copied this link.

There are many, many paella recipes. Originally paella was a dish made in Valencia using chicken, rabbit, snails and three kinds of fresh beans. Now, paella is almost always associated with seafood, chicken and vegetables. There is no right or wrong recipe, only the recipe that pleases you. Paella ingredients vary from place to place, and time to time, depending on local traditions and the ingredients available. Anything from fresh garden produce to holiday left-overs can inspire a cook to create an original version of this one-dish feast! The dish was named after the pan it is cooked in, a Paellera, which is also used for a variety of rice dishes, such as arroz negro, as well as the Spanish pasta dish: fideua.This is only one recipe, use your imagination and the ingredients at hand, varying the ingredients can make Paella an everyday dish.Please note that all ingredient portions are PER PERSON, therefore please multiply each ingredient amount listed by the number of people you intend to serve.  For an 8-person paella, for example, you will need 8 x 1/3 cup or 2 2/3 cups of Bomba rice.  For reference, each 1kg bag of Bomba rice contains 20 1/3 cup servings.

I just tested it. It worked.

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the comments and link fix. I updated it.

Name:	20170610_192214.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	439194

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks great!

Sorry to be so very late with my reply but thanks to everyone for the ideas. I've made a few good ones so far. I do like the crunch I get on the rice when I cook it on my BGE.

Comment

• gcdmd
            gcdmd commented
            Editing a comment
            That's the socarrat, which means lightly toasted.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here