Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking Boston Butts and Brisket at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking Boston Butts and Brisket at the same time

I plan on cooking for a large party - 5 Boston Butts and 2 Briskets. I am using a RecTec Pellet Smoker with the additional shelf. Does anyone have any advice or comments, I have never smoked more than 2 Bostons Butts at the same time.

Start earlier then you think you should. Both meats do well holding if you should finish early.

Comment

I do that all the time! If you can't get them all on one shelf, I prefer butts over brisket. Pork fat rules!

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Pork fat does rule Emeril !!!

What if you are cooking some beef for the people who can’t or won’t eat pork?

best regards,
      Jim

Comment

I appreciate all the feedback. I am giving myself 20 to 24 hours smoking time. The brisket will have to go on the top shelf. Also glad to hear others have smoked this much with no problems. The reason for Beef and Pork is I like it all if it's BBQ!

Comment

• CandySueQ
          CandySueQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Just watch your air flow. As long as all big hunks of meat can get hot air, they'll cook. Monitor temp of each because you may want to shift around mid cook.

I notice this is your first post. What took you so long? Welcome to The Pit LB9

Comment

Hey yeah! Welcome!

Comment

Thanks CandySueQ I do need to make sure they are rotated.
            Yes this is my first post - guess you guys do a good job of saying check others posts before you ask dumb questions.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, an' a belated Welcome to th' Pit!!!
              Don't be shy about askin' questions, nobody will yike at ya', here...

Comment

another thing you can do is put a water pan.....where you can fit it in, and fill it with beer.............adds great moisture!!!

Comment

welcome from Snoqualmie Wa. never heard a dumb question! (answers on the other hand...)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here