Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Post Ever - In a Rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Post Ever - In a Rut

I do about 6-10 big cooks a year for decent sized crowds. Pork and Beef Ribs, Butts, Brisket, the usual. Do any of you have some different main course recipes that smoke well and guests like? Id be interested to see what everyone else does? Thanks in advance

Welcome to The Pit, great to hear from you. Aside from the usual BBQ meats, I like to make a smoked lasagna. Make up a generously rich & cheese-heavy lasagna, and bake it on my smoker instead of my oven, temps and time roughly the same. I prefer a really clean thin-smoked fire the whole time, so as not to overdo the thick smoke. The lighter the better.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a special northern italian lasagne I do with homemade noodles (https://www.evernote.com/l/AKLoGn1Xy...GmFzDPMHWjl4WY).

Anyway, it's light on the tomatoes. I'm thinking that your idea of smoking sounds like a very worthy adventure!

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that's something to think about! Great idea Huskee

Huskee, thanks man, smoked Lasagna sounds amazing and doable. I appreciate your response

Comment

I like smoke roasting boneless skinless chicken thighs on my BGE. They take about 30 minutes.
      Chuck roasts are good. Tritip if you wrap. Spatchcock chicken if you have the space.

Comment

If you like fish, they're great warm-smoked. https://www.evernote.com/l/AKJuOigqA...hFx0IY8mvVQ5Qc

This book is full of untraditional ideas for smoking: https://www.amazon.com/Sublime-Smoke...=sublime+smoke

The authors understand trad as well.

Comment

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. Im planning on grinding, stuffing and then smoking my own sausage this winter, if anyone knows any pitfalls id appreciate the heads up? Ill be sure to post pics when i do my cook.

Comment

Whole Pork Loin, chuck roast, turkey legs, turkey breast, ham, pork belly, meatloaf, pork chops, chili...

Comment

Bologna, chubbies, meatloaf, salmon, fajita meats, shrimp, lobster tails, fer some more, off th' top of my head...
            Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th' Pit!

Comment

Do we get a commission by chance : )

Comment

Jon ill send ua some Burnt Ends next time I make them...

Comment

Better yet you hang around and post a bit. That be awesome!

Comment

Deal

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from NE Washington state. Along with tips, techniques, and recipes about BBQ we have a lot of fun. If you like music, go to this thread to hear what others are listening to and share what you like. For jokes, go to this thread. Happy to have you along and looking forward to your participation. I use this site for sausage recipes.

Comment

Well, considering the time of year, roast, ham, and turkey. Fish smokes well (especially salmon), also whole chickens. Oysters are great smoked as an appetizer. All pastas, especially anything with cheese. Beef ribs, lamb, ...i could keep going

Comment

Welcome damonpsu

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here