Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OH NO, A TALE OF WOE❗️ 🦃 THE BEST TURKEY I NEVER FINISHED❓🦃 n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rub a little bourbon on it! (and Get well soon!)

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      BourBonQ, Thank You‼️ Everytime One the Nurses or Aides Goes to Leave My Room, They Ask if There is Any Thing Else I Want❓ I Always
      Respond With "Yeah, A Qt of Whiskey and a $1,000,000"‼️ They Dissapear❓ Thank You Very Much❗️
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• jgreen
      jgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Great answer Dan. I am going to remember that one. Get well soon

Hey Danny, this is stuff that you know better not to do! And,............... as far as pics in hospital, well, ..........no pics didn’t happen. How’s that fer gettin ya well.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan, Thanks Friend‼️ Check Tommorow for Pic's of My New Girl Friends❓

As you wish, "no sympathy", just a good Ol' hardy get well soon from a friend.... actually from a lot of friends! If you were a drinking man I'd send you a bottle of my favorite whiskey to keep you company and keep you warm. Seriously though, take care and keep in touch, and keep your good wife Eunice on your good side.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee, Thanks a Million Aaron‼️ As Our Now Departed Friend smarkley Used to Say Some Of The Best Friends I've Never Met Are
      On "The Pit"❗️ No Truer Words Were Ever Spoken (Digitized❓) ‼️
      Save Your Good Whiskey Until We Meet, You Can Pour❗️ Dan

Dan, hope you feel better real soon. You will be back as a pit master in no time. Relax and recover. Best wishes.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      jgreen, Thanks for Your Concern‼️ It is Appreciated, but I Never Did
      Claim to be a "PitMaster"❗️
      I'm Just a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Golly gee Dan! Get well soon! I’ll give you one sympathy vote since Eunice finished the bird for you! Got use this sympathy to get the Memphis Meatup back on track! I still need to shake your hand! Plenty of whisky then.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      kmhfive, Thanks for the Well Wishes‼️ Regarding Whiskey, I'll Try to Keep Up‼️ Dan

DAN!

So sorry to read this! I KNOW you would have won the contest.

But I have to say that I thought more of you than to have this happen this way - this is something I could have done.

Hope you feel better and heal up quickly! Keep your chin up!

And, Huskee , you can send Dan's whiskey my way.

Rich

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not know the author of this, but hereit is anyway:

THE GOLDEN YEARS HAVE COME AT LAST,

I CANNOT SEE, I CANNOT PEE

I CANNOT CHEW, I CANNOT SCREW

MY MEMORY SHRINKS, MY HEARING STINKS,

NO SENSE OF SMELL, I LOOK LIKE HELL,

MY BODY'S DROOPING, GOT TROBLE POOPING.

THE GOLDEN YEARS HAVE COME AT LAST,

THE GOLDEN YEARS CAN KISS MY ASS

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      LMFAO dude, that's some funny s**t. Can I quote you on this? (Note to self: has he read my medical chart?)

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      @richinilbrg, Rich, NOW THAT'S MY KIND OF FUNNY‼️ I DAMNED NEAR FELL OUT OF BED LAUGHING‼️ 🤗😇🤗 Thank You❗️

Get well, Dan! I am a relative noob around here in terms of posts, but I’ve appreciated your advice and humor. I look forward to reading more adventures from the "backyard cremator" (as if!) soon!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Psinderson, Thanks for Your Comments‼️ I'm Glad We Have a Small Backyard❗️ If a Person Didn't Laugh, They'd Have to Cry❓
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; November 29, 2017, 09:43 AM.

New fangled thing tripped you right up! Get well soon.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      CandySueQ, I Think the Blame Lies With My Old Tangled Feet❓ Thank You for the Well Wishes‼️
      👍👍👍 🤔😇🤗 👍👍👍

You have to watch where you put your feet. Falling down at our age is not a good idea. It always leads to bad things.

Get well soon.

Best regards,
    Jim

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      jgg85234, Jim Thanks for Your Admonishments‼️ You Are Absolutely Right❗️ 😢😪😭😢😪

well poops. that sucks, man. on the bright side it sounds like the turkey wasn't a complete loss. get better so you can try again!

Comment

You best get better by next May old fella! Speedy recovery ahead

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        smokinfatties, Thank You for the Well Wishes‼️ They Mean Lot❗️ OBTW, I'm Not "Old", I'm Decrepit 🤗😇🤗 ❓❓

Man I just happened upon this, hope all is ok up there in ND. Sorry for your predicament. Sounds like the bird got saved

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman, Thank You❗️ This Is Just An Addendum to My Attempt to Smoke a "Pretty Bird" Turkey❓ I Should Have Known Better‼️
        🤗😇🤗 👍👍👍👍👍

First basement diving ... and now this??? You need to find a safer hobby, Dan! Get well quickly, my friend ...

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        MBMorgan, I Used to Fly MB❗️ I Would Never Claim They Were Perfect But My Airplane Landings Not Once Ever Put Me in Hospital❓❓
        😚😚😳😚😚 Thank You MB for Your Good Advice‼️

Just take it easy there, Boss!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        EdF, Ed, I Thank You for the Instructions‼️ I need all the Good Advice
        I Can Get 👍👍👍👍👍❗️

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here