Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OH NO, A TALE OF WOE❗️ 🦃 THE BEST TURKEY I NEVER FINISHED❓🦃 n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH NO, A TALE OF WOE❗️ 🦃 THE BEST TURKEY I NEVER FINISHED❓🦃 n

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	100.1 KB ID:	416579 On Sunday 26 Nov. 2017, I jumped out of Bed, Grabbed My Fresh 14# 2oz Turkey (Prime Cut Meats - $22.00), Out of The Refridgerator, Injected the Breasts, Thighs and Legs with Store Bought (Scheels Hdw) Cajun Spice and Butter Turkey Injection, Put it BACK IN Fridge👍👍👍‼️
    Went out the Oklahoma Joe Highland Smoker, Cleaned it Out: Ashes, Drip Pans, Grates❗️ Because It was
    to be My First Cook With the FireBoard Fan Control Cable, I Figured I Better Get It Set Up and I Did❗️
    Note: In Started the Cook Running the Fan on the FireBoard Battery but in About 2 Hrs I got an Alarm for Low Bat❓ I Think the Pit Bull Fan 20 CFM I have on the OKJ Draws More than the Pit Viper on the Weber Kettle❗️
    The Plan was to Put the Stuffed Turkey on the Smoker at 1:00 PM, Required Lighting Smoker at 12:00 PM, 1 Chimney of Weber Hardwood Long Lasting Charcoal, Chunk of Oakwood,, Several Chunks Apple Wood❓ Good to Go! I'm Going to Win Meathead 's Pretty Bird Contest‼️
    Made The Suffing about 11:00 AM❗️ Fried Thick Cut Bacon Pieces, Chopped Onion, Chopped Celery, Chopped Green Pepper, Mushroom Slices, Worsteshire Sauce, Olive Oil, Tones Restaurant Grind Black
    Pepper, Kosher Salt, Once Around the Spice Drawer Sage (Powdered & Fresh), Cayenne Pepper, Cajun Spices, & & & etc❓
    All is Well👍🤔 Fire Started at 12:00 PM👍 Turkey is Stuffed👍
    @ 1:00 PM Stuffed Turkey on the Smoker‼️ All is Well, I'm Going to
    WIN, Meathead Ain't Going to Believe This‼️
    About 4:30 PM I went Out to Check things Out❗️ I tripped on the
    Plug for the Power Cord, Flat on My Back and A-S, Couldn't Get Up,
    Eunice Couldn't Lift Me, Ran and Got a Neighbor He Came and Got
    Me Up on a Stool and There I Sat Until the Fire Dept and Ambulance
    Got There, 4 Alarm Fire, Off To Essentia Hospital ER‼️ There I Was
    Scanned and Irradiated until They Determined that I had 2 Minor
    Cracks In My Pelvis, No Weight on the Left Leg for 2-3 Weeks❓❓
    Enough About Me Back to My Turkey❗️ Eunice finished It Off in The
    Oven, Cut a Big Chunk Off for The Neighbor❗️ She Ate Some and
    Stuck it in the Fridge Sympathy Votes Please❗️ No Pics❓❓❓ Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.08 MB ID:	416581Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.87 MB ID:	416582Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.73 MB ID:	416580Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	6 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	416583Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	137.5 KB ID:	416570Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	126.6 KB ID:	416572Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	6 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	416584Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	6 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	416585Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	81.5 KB ID:	416576Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	2 Size:	81.5 KB ID:	416577Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	2 Size:	81.5 KB ID:	416586Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	126.7 KB ID:	416578
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; November 28, 2017, 04:45 PM.

and.............................................? don't leave us hanging like a Mr. Bones tall tale!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      HawkerXP, Sorry Hawk❗️ Reread the Post Above You Guys were Able to Jump In Before I Finished the Post❓
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Not gonna win any contest without pictures!

Comment

We are hanging on for your update. Hope it is great!

Comment

Looks like a good start!

Comment

What’s goin on here? No comprende.

Comment

you're such a tease

Comment

Where’s the pics of the finished product Dan?

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                Danjohnston949 commented
                Editing a comment
                DWCowles, DeusDingoFireMan, kmhfive, jgreen, Sorry Gents No Finished Turkey Pics👎👎👎 Reread the Post for the Rest of

the Story, AKA Dan's Tale of Woe‼️😰😪😭😪😢 ❓❓❓ Thanks Feller's❗️Dan
                Last edited by Danjohnston949; November 28, 2017, 06:53 PM.

Holy cow catcher! What the heck!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                Danjohnston949 commented
                Editing a comment
                Jon Solberg, That's Close to What I Said Jon‼️ Loosely Translated❓
                Thanks, From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Ah $#i+, Cuz!!! 2-3 wks? Yer gonna be climbin' th' walls!!!
              Tell Eunice she done good, all around, across th' board, Mr. Bones sez!!!
              "You Go, GIRL!!!"
              Same goes fer yer neighbor, only don't call him a girl. Bless him fer bein' there

Docs prescribe ya' a walker, walker cane, crutch, anything?
              Danged if I can see ya' sittin' still fer that long, especially in a good mood...
              Don't know what all ya' had goin' on in yer OKJ, but I've seen folks hooked up to less cables than that in ICU!

I guess, at least ya' went off th' Kiddie divin' board this time..
              Get better, soon, my friend!!!
              Much love, an' best wishes from Smokey, an' my dang ol' self, as well!
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 28, 2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                Danjohnston949 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks "CUZ", Just Another Little Hiccup in Life's Never Ending Struggle for Survival‼️ In other words a Real PMO👎👎👎👎👎

Lol you guys

Comment

Awwwwwwww shucks! Sorry to be so pushy Dan. Hope you recover asap. Its never a good time to put a scare on our lovely wives. Go slow. Don't rush. Do whatever the Dr says. Good neighbors are worth their weight in BBQ!

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry to you also Mr. Bones I hope you know we all love your stories no matter how long they take.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                No scratches, much less bruisin', here, Brother! We Good.
                Tellin' a Tale, Spinnin' a Yarn, is an art, most often inherited, an' it takes 'zackly as long as it takes'. True Story.
                Thanks fer them kind words, amigo!
                Much appreciated...

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Dang I'd take 190lbs of his BBQ. 😀😀

Dan, get better soon. You're going to be sitting gingerly for a while I'd imagine, until that pelvis heals up. Hope you're not in too much pain. Your Eunice will be the best nurse ever, I'll bet.

Kathryn

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                Danjohnston949 commented
                Editing a comment
                fzxdoc, Kathryn Thank You‼️ I think Eunice thinks I'm Getting to Be a Real Pain for Her❓ But She's the One Who Didn't Take a Pic of My "Pretty Bird" for Meathead before She Chopped it Up❓ Thanks Again❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Oh crap! Hate when that happens!!! ​​​​Good thing is, you young fellers heal quick & will be up & at'em before ya know it... Get well quick!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                Danjohnston949 commented
                Editing a comment
                HorseDoctor, Thank You Mon Ami‼️ I think I Could Use a Jug of Horse Linament About Now❓

No Nurse or hospital pic's Dan?? LOL. Hope you get better real soon man!!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                Danjohnston949 commented
                Editing a comment
                Lonnie mac, They are All Georgious to an "Old Buck" Like Me but I'm Not Sure What Eunice Thinks❓ I'll Think About It Over Night‼️
                Thanks, Lonnie👍👍👍👍👍‼️

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here