Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Turkey Allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Turkey Allowed

My sister hosts Thanksgiving every year and won't allow turkey. This year is a brunch theme (for dinner) and I get to cook waffles. Please feel my pain.

I'm home sick. I munched on some Taquitos. Everyone is at another location, glad cause I need some peace and quiet.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      jgreen ya go that crap right I was supposed to be in the deer stand an hour before dark, still in bed at 1300 hrs. Best thing about working online, you can do it while lying in bed.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to read you are sick, Jerod Broussard ! Get well soon.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Get well soon, Jerod1
      Hopefully, th' deer will wait on ya'!

Make turkey waffles. Maybe she won't notice.

Comment

Dang. What's up with that? I didn't take any photos of our spread, but it was epic. (In my own mind, right?)

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        We are all legends in our own minds.

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in the same boat, JCGrill . No pics, so I didn't really have a 14# turkey with both stuffing and dressing, green beans, sweet potatoes, thinly sliced sweet potatoes alternated with Granny Smith apples baked with butter, maple syrup and apple cider, and stuffed acorn squash. And pumpkin pie. All just imagined! LOL

We're celebrating traditional turkey dinner Thanksgiving on Sunday. So today I smoked two chuckies in solidarity with my turkey-smoking Pit pals.

Kathryn

Comment

Turkey a must for us on thanksgiving. Roast on Christmas, and ham on Easter.

Comment

Hey! At least there is some heat involved. You could be manning the fruit salad station!

Comment

• cgrover60
            cgrover60 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great point @HawkerXP... lol

Originally posted by cgrover60 View Post
          My sister hosts Thanksgiving every year and won't allow turkey. This year is a brunch theme (for dinner) and I get to cook waffles. Please feel my pain.
          Waffles with bacon in the batter though, right?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            <gbg!>
            ;-)

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here