Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking for food journalists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything you cook 2 zone on a kettle with SNS is easy to do on the pk360. It leaks less, is more temp stable and it’s easier to set up two zones with the precision in the vents and the thermometer is in the right place to be useful, so the heat application will be straight forward. If you get over the nerves part this will be easy and fun for you. :-)

Comment

Wow...that's awesome! Congrats!

I have a neighbor who is an avid hunter and often brings whatever he gets over for prep/cooking. We've done venison burgers with bacon ends ground into the meat (best hamburgers we've ever had), and 'beer can pheasant". Duck breast in a plum sauce also worked well.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Oooh, plum sauce is so good with duck!

Waddayaknow, things turn around quickly. The event is still on, and I'm very much participating, but now the organizers want the journalists to take an active part in cooking. Which is great fun of course, and I do enjoy helping/teaching. But at the same time it takes all the pressure off. No need to impress them with fancy cooking.

We've got 5 PK grills, 3 of them are the PK360 and 2 of them are the classic model. So we're now discussing what to cook on those grills. It can't be too complicated, but at the same time get their interest piqued, so they want to go home and try for themselves. We're doing a three course meal, and smoked salmon is most likely the main course. I'll keep you posted, folks.

Comment

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        Great news!

Click image for larger version

Name:	105834E0-E7F5-4EB6-96B1-191D0DA0B982.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	408478 Smoked salmon. Good choice :-)

Comment

I'm sure whatever you do will turn out great Henrik. An off the wall idea would be smoked Peking Duck on the PKG. You'd have to rig a hanger to hang two or three ducks from, but you should be able to do that. And you probably already have a recipe for the duck.

Comment

I will be watching this with a lot of interest, can't wait to see the final photos. Good luck with this Henrik but I know you will knock their socks off!

Comment

What about seasonal ABTs? Pepper of your choice, seasoned cream/soft cheese mixed with a puréed Fall veg (pumpkin, acorn or butternut squash, etc.) wrapped in pancetta or bacon. It could be smoked at the same time as the fish. I've done this with canned pumpkin and it was a huge hit at a party. Instead of stuffing whole peppers, you could split them and fill the halfs with the cheese mixture and top it with pork belly and micro greens. The cheese mixture is an easy canvas to manipulate with different flavors and textures. Maybe go crazy and use the mousse instead of the cheese and top with caviar.

Good luck, not that you need it...I'm sure you'll crush this like normal. We look forward to hearing how it all went and seeing pics.

Comment

• Georgia rookie 903
              Georgia rookie 903 commented
              Editing a comment
              wow if no one likes what you would do they need to retrain there palate

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Good ideas! I like puréed pumpkin!

Lykke til, Henrik!

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Mange takk!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here