Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse Sear Strip Steak on Broil King Baron 400 Gasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Sear Strip Steak on Broil King Baron 400 Gasser

I tried a reverse sear on a 1 pound strip steak using my Broil King gasser and a CI pan on the side burner. I think I left the steak to long on the gasser for medium rare. But it tasted great. I dry brined it for three hours in the fridge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	daDw5E0eROGUR1Id4eY5LQ.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	392843
    Click image for larger version  Name:	BLGMGV9JSBevFc0C3mcE3Q.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.16 MB ID:	392840 Click image for larger version

Name:	AiWob1fRSkSod+8xfhT+uQ.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	392844
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lbyer; October 9, 2017, 01:06 PM.

That looks good to me.

Comment

Thanks Ibyer...looks good. I've been struggling with the salting aspect (e.g. how much, how long). Any guidance on how much salt you used and what kind? Thanks!

Comment

• JCGrill
        JCGrill commented
        Editing a comment
        Check out the "Techniques" section in the link above and look for the Dry Brine article. All you need to know. 😊

Beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmccloskey659 View Post
        Thanks Ibyer...looks good. I've been struggling with the salting aspect (e.g. how much, how long). Any guidance on how much salt you used and what kind? Thanks!
        I used Kosher salt, about half a tablespoon per side. As for how long, overnight is preferable...

Comment

• Jmccloskey659
          Jmccloskey659 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks again ...just to clarify; one half tablespoon or teaspoon per side?

Originally posted by lbyer View Post

I used Kosher salt, about half a tablespoon per side. As for how long, overnight is preferable...
        Tablespoon

Comment

• Jmccloskey659
          Jmccloskey659 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks again!!

Looks good to me! I usually get the meat to about 105 on the low and slow, then when I warp speed the gasser I do 2.5 minutes per side in 1 minute increments. Depending on the thickness of your steak YMMV.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here