Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Football Feast....and the Coronas Got Their Limes !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Football Feast....and the Coronas Got Their Limes !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	smoke 7-17a.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	381929

Texans played Thursday night in KC so Sunday had no tailgating going on so got up early and had a bunch of meat to cook for my rowdy buddies. Told them to load up a cooler of Coronas and come on over later. Had a some beef ribs in the frig salting all night and coupled that with some pork belly to make pig candy for snackies. Above is the meat getting dry brined.

Went ahead and mixed up some of Meathead's Big Beef seasoning for the ribs and Harry Soo's recipe for Pig Candy.....

Name:	smoke 7-17c.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	381930

Next came the chicken leg quarters. Again salt brined over night and seasoned with my poultry mix;

Name:	smoke 7-17e.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	381931

Of course the boys had to have their veggies and more snakies so did smoked green beans and of course the ever pleasing poppers.....

Name:	smoke 7-17b.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	381932

Name:	smoke 7-17d.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	381933

Ran out of smoker room with everything beefy, piggy, beans and poppers so had to fire up the Weber gasser for the chicks. Used the smoke tray to run some smoke over the chicks so they wouldn't get smoker lonely......

Name:	smoke 7-17f.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	381934

Name:	smoke 7-17g.jpg
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	381935

Boys devoured the chicks and the snackies rooting against the Cowboys while the ribs and pig candy finished. Did the ribs low and slow at 225 for about 5 hours before they finally peaked at 200. Thought they would never get there. All in all it was a fun Sunday despite the lack of a tailgating event.....

Name:	smoke 7-17j.jpg
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	381936

Oh yea....and the Corona's definitely got their limes !!!! (And the Pokes lost hehe). Happy Smokin' from Houston...out.....

Name:	smoke 7-17h.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	381937

I wish I were rowdy so I could be your buddy! Looks great.

Comment

Those are fantastic photos. Great job!

Comment

Great job for sure.

Comment

I vote for the poppers!

Comment

Beef ribs are my fav. Terrific photos.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Off the chain!

I thought the Texans played Cincinnati, I say that cause I don't see them beating KC.

Comment

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are correct sir, it was the Bengals !! No way they beat KC, one of our all time nemesis teams.

Awesome cook!

Comment

Whhoooshh! Troutman has serious game. I'm bowing to you now, That whoosh was my wake you heard!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here