Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experimenting with some totally new flavor profiles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experimenting with some totally new flavor profiles.

I love cooking on the 26

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0975.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	381251Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1052.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	381254Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1056.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	381252Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1070.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	381253

Looks delicious, Troy!
    Please, tell me more...

Comment

Funny. I have a bunch of frozen cod and I have found that I like cod best when I mask its flavor a bit. So the other day I found a recipe for coconut curry cod. It was GOOOOOD. I'm definitely keeping it in the arsenal. Looks like you did chicken and some kind of meatballs? Details!

Comment

I was in a creative mood.

I put some freshly picked tomatoes, shallots, garlic in a food processor. In a sauté pan I added pinch of this and a pinch of that and toasted the spices. I added that to the tomato mixture and simmered a while. Then I added the freshly picked broccoli then the lamb meatballs. It was awesome. Similar process for the chicken except no tomato mixture. Instead i added a few cherry tomatoes.

Mrs. Troymeister (Linda) and guests were happy happy happy.

I did use an Indian website as a guide for spice proportion.
        Last edited by troymeister; September 17, 2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Money!!

Comment

Awesome Creativity.

Comment

Word

Comment

Originally posted by hoovarmin View Post
                  Word
                  Ditto!

Comment

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's short for "That's the truth"! But it's also short for "You're sh****ng me"! Depends on the inflection.

• troymeister
                    troymeister commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Strangely I have never heard that before. Ya learn something new every day.

• JCGrill
                    JCGrill commented
                    Editing a comment
                    troymeister one of the 'Lethal Weapon' movies (I think the 3rd one) is the first time I saw it used. Danny Glover had a similar reaction.

My son's mother-in-law is quite a cook from what I understand. He holds his own in the kitchen and so he is allowed to help her prep meals. He is learning Southern Indian cuisine from her and I've told him he needs to teach me a thing or two. Your photos emphasize that.

Comment

tbob4 Much appreciated. You already have the skills and methodology to create anything you want. Many years ago, learned a saying from an older woman from Jamaica. She said, (with a strong Jamaican accent) "From you can cook, you can cook any..ting." That saying alone has guided me through many unknowns and has given me the confidence to at least try. Give it a whirl, you'll be fine

Comment

• tbob4
                      tbob4 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree, wholeheartedly. However, I think he may have learned a few secrets and I know he has passed on some of mine. So I figure he can share a bit back. Heck, the family was without power in Houston for a couple of days and he was BBQing for them.

I completely agree. The biggest question is are you shooting for a particular style or are you just putting some flavors together. For the first option just getting some ideas off the internet works. For the second, throw caution to the wind!

Comment

This one is really good: https://www.eatyourbooks.com/library...ooking-revised

and this one:

Let me know if those links don't work.

Comment

• tbob4
                        tbob4 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The links work EdF. Thanks.

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Indian food is a whole new collection of worlds.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here