Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a Restaurant style Indian food recipe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a Restaurant style Indian food recipe.

Anyone have a Restaurant style Indian food recipe. I've scoured the internet and found nothing.

Your best bet is to look on Pinterest

Comment

• frijolefrito
      frijolefrito commented
      Editing a comment
      Pintrest is the devil

Oh okay, well you have a nice day

Comment

• Cheef
      Cheef commented
      Editing a comment
      This one made me chuckle!! for REAL. Nice response. I don't know if Pinterest is the devil or not but I kind of avoid going in there just because!!!

• frijolefrito
      frijolefrito commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate you trying to help. It's was meant more as funny but I haven't had luck with pintrest for recipes. Party ideas tho they have it in spades.

I like this tikka masala recipe...

Comment

• smokinfatties
      smokinfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      that recipe is my hands down favorite for tikka masala!

Check out www.saveur.com and seriouseats.com. They both have a lot of Indian recipes online.

Comment

I love using leftover smoked chicken in Chicken Tikka Masala or Butter Chicken and leftover pulled pork or pulled beef in Indian dishes (not always authentic , but tasty with those warm Indian spices).

I have several Indian cookbooks, the best of which is by Madhur Jaffrey, IMO. You can google her and find some of her recipes online. My family loves her Mulligatawny soup, for example. Her Butter Chicken is delicious. I think her focus is more on Northern Indian cooking. Here is a link to many of her recipes on The Happy Foodie website.

For an online cook, I like the recipes of Aarti Sequeria on the Food Network. She was raised in southern India, and her cooking reflects that. Here's a link to a recipe search I did on foodnetwork.com for Aarti Sequeria. The list contains 156 of her recipes. Her Goan Beef Curry: Beef Vindaloo is a family fav, as is her Roasted Smokey Cauliflower with Limey Yogurt.

HTH,
      Kathryn

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Second the Madhur Jaffrey books!

I appreciate all the input. I'm going to try some of your Linked recipes and I've never been to the foodie website.

The food network and pintrest really have let me down. I'm still going to try the one you looked.

What sucks is I don't know enough Indian food to be able to weed out what looks good on the internet. I'm going to try these linked ones thanks.

Comment

Not trying to be overly thick here (really, it's no effort at all) ... but what is "restaurant style" food?

Comment

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          That makes sense ... you're basically looking for something made from scratch. Thanks ...

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          And there's an awful lot out there. As I said, seriouseats.com is a great source, and has the Spirit of Meathead - food science.

• smokinfatties
          smokinfatties commented
          Editing a comment
          Aarti's tikka is just that with tomatoes, cream etc. really good!

Here is my Tandoori Chicken recipe for the grill: INGREDIENTS

• 1 large chicken cut into pieces
          • 1 tablespoon toasted ground cumin
          • 1 tablespoon toasted paprika
          • 1/2 tablespoon toasted ground coriander seed
          • /2 teaspoon ground turmeric
          • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
          • 1/2 tablespoon achiote or a few drops red food coloring (optional)
          • 4 cloves garlic, minced
          • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
          • 1 cup plain yogurt (Greek yogurt is best)
          • juice of 1 lemon
          • 3 tablespoons cup kosher salt (For dry brine)
          • Thinly sliced raw onion
          • 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
          • 2 lemons or limes, cut into wedges
        INSTRUCTIONS

1. Combine cumin, paprika, coriander, turmeric, cayenne, achiote, garlic, ginger, yogurt, lemon juice, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Pour marinade all over chicken, mix well to coat every surface. cover loosely and refrigerate. Allow to marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 8, turning occasionally.
          2. I front seared the chicken on the SnS (charcoal only, no smoke) to get nice color being careful not to burn the chicken. Then put on the cool side until the breast read 165 and the legs and thighs closer to 175.
          3. I brought the excess marinade to a boil and used it as a sauce. Was delicious.
          4. Serve with cilantro, onion and limes.
          5. I toasted my spices before I mixed them in the yogurt.
          6. I did not have achiote or red food coloring.
          7. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9908.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	345529

Comment

• frijolefrito
          frijolefrito commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks awesome I'll try it next week.

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh yeah!

I'll get those cookbooks! Thanks all for the help.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here