Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independence Day Pork Loin....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independence Day Pork Loin....

Started off fixing some crab dip for an appetizer...Pork Loin and onion just went on the kettle...results to follow...

Loin was dry brined, injected with some Tony Chachere Roasted Garlic and Herb injection, then rubbed with modified Memphis Dust....

The onion...I cut a small indention in the top where I added a bouillon cube then covered it with butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0364.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	342609

Name:	IMG_0365.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	342610

You are off to a good start!

Comment

The results...

Pork loin, smoked onion and stove top...also made homemade peppermint ice cream...

Name:	IMG_0366.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	342682

Name:	IMG_0367.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	342683

Name:	IMG_0368.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	342681

Name:	IMG_0369.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	342684

Comment

That looks very good.

Comment

Yummy!!

Comment

That onion sounds like a must try next smoke.

Comment

• clb239
              clb239 commented
              Editing a comment
              With the salt in the bouillon cube I won't add any salt on top next time...it needed to cook longer than or be closer to the heat...it was still a little crunchy....but still really good...

Oho! I like that onion idea. [writes the idea down in the non-existent notebook]

I like the little jars of "Better than Bullion" - it's a paste that to me tastes better than cubes - and I can't be scientifically sure, but I think it's not as salty as cubes, but makes a pretty decent broth. Lots of flavors - standard beef and chicken. Also roasted garlic, ham, lobster, vegetable, chile, mushroom, au jus. They also have reduced sodium varieties.

Maybe a teaspoon dollop of that on the onion would work... it's already got a little bit of moisture and with the water in the onion could be the perfect mix to achieve the desired effect. I bet that onion was tasty though... like eating French onion soup without the soup.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

That looks jus' righteous!!! I loves me some pork loin, one of my fave smokes!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here