Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No complaints....but why no stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No complaints....but why no stall

last sat did another cook. 2 briskets, chuckle, 2 shoulders and 4 slc racks of ribs. Got the meat on 5 mins before the storm(tornado warning) and used my trusty ol fireboard. Last two cooks I noticed no stall. That's fine by me but does anyone else have this happen? I crutch around 150 to 160.notice briskets were done about 12:15

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0142.PNG
Views:	84
Size:	434.1 KB
ID:	338498
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0156.PNG
Views:	87
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	338497

Comment

Sorry my phone blipped on me

Comment

I've seen meat do all kinds of things since I've got the Fireboard. Saw temperatures actually drop on one cook and seen a slowdown without a stall. I'm not experienced enough to have the answers. I'm working on an idea about how much water in the pan, where the pan and meat are placed in the cooker, and what the actual grate temperature is at each location. Ten or twelve years from now, I hope to have a working theory.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Persistence! Of course, by then you might have forgotten!

1. What kind of Cooker and setup are you using?

2. You said you were done by 12:15. That means nothing if we don't know when you started.

3. What pit temp were you running?

4. Did you have anything to support humidity in your Cooker?

5. If you foil crutch around 150 you usually are doing it pre stall and the crutch usually will help you power through the stall.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
          LA Pork Butt commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll second Nate.

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          The 2nd chart answers questions 2 and 3.

what's the program you're using to track temps?

Comment

The program looks like just the fireboard app. I agree with Nate especially about the crutch before the stall helping.

Comment

Sorry it took so long to respond. I have a found on the road cooker. (Plenty big stick burner). It has a 10 gallon water pan. Interesting thought. If my bark is nice and firm, then why should People even go thru the stall phase. Intriguing, it has my mind wondering.
            as far as the graph goes, the average temp was 250 (and is a fire board). The temp drops were when I opened the chamber up to add ribs, wrapped the other meats, added the beans, covered the beans. Etc).
            another thing that was funny was a 7 lb brisket I did, took longer than the 14 lb brisket. Smaller but longer cooking time
            The chamber is 3 ft deep, 4 ft wide, 4 ft high. briskets were on the top rack which runs hotter than the rack that had the pork shoulders on.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here