Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice for an upcoming event: pork + beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice for an upcoming event: pork + beef

Looking for suggestions, for an upcoming event I plan to cook a combination of about 40lbs. of beef and 40lbs. of pork on a rotisserie over charcoal, wood chunks for smoke. I wanted to get some additional flavor on the meat but after reading about marinades I'm not sure that's the way to go, was hoping to find something that would give me a juicy interior with a great exterior, any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Montana Smoke Nicely done. I'm not super experienced with that volume of meat, but I THINK Meathead's Memphis Rub recipe can be made in a quantity that would almost cover all your pork. I've had great results with that on ribs and butt. I haven't done beef, but have heard great things about Meathead's Big Bad Beef Rub (search BBBR on the forum to find out more). Hope it goes well!
    Last edited by j_keegan; June 20, 2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• SoCal Chris
      SoCal Chris commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree on both counts. I use the MMR for a lot of my smoking and grilling. I have also used the BBR for beef. They are both great.

Welcome to fun and learning! Dry-brining will help with moisture.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. I agree with the Memphis Dust. Lot's here use the BBBR, but I prefer Montreal Steak
      Seasoning for beef.

Comment

Nothing says juicy like high quality meat with plenty intramuscular fat.

Dry brining does great for flavor and I don't cook without it, but I've never seen it take a pathetic flat off a brisket and turn into something magical.

Comment

Welcome Montana Smoke

Comment

Montana Smoke MMD is amazing but can burn with live fire and the BBBR is fantastic but is heavy on the pepper. Always taste first as that a lot of meat and I assume for a lot of dirrerent palates. Are you on a Parilla or Santa Maria style grill?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here