Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Out!

I'm going to take a break now, after my little series of "1st" post. Partly because I need a break, and partly so I can address some small problems. Nothing serious, I have some things I need to take care of.

First off, I cannot believe how much FUN I've been missing out on! I was needing something to fill the void that I had begun to notice since my mandatory retirement, and this new hobby turned out to be just the thing.

I had worried about the color in my pictures being off, and then I realized there was no need to keep using my cell phone for the pics, (Samsung Galaxy 4,) I dug out my old, trusty Nikon P80 and just now charged the battery. That should take care of that little problem.

Still have both the Char-Broil 580 and the Weber Kettle. I think I'll be holding onto the Char-Broil for a little while longer to give it a chance at demonstrating its potential for cooking side dishes. I believe the adjustable charcoal bed height will come in handy for this.

But for now, that Weber Kettle has most of my attention! This was bought because I decided it was going to be too much trouble to make it work for 2-stage cooking. Went out and picked up the Weber locally, after having placed my order for the S'nS the previous day. Meathead, it has delivered on every promise you made about it, from my first cook using it, and every one since! In my opinion, the Ribeye, the Boston Butt, and the "Last Meal" ribs, I pretty much nailed, the first time out of the gate. Thank you, very much!!!

I'm going to need a little more time to get over a mild case of "gadgetitus" which I seem to be suffering from. But who knows, maybe I found my way around the lack of a spot to put my remote temp transmitter safely down and the small BBQ tool collection as well. . .

Just wanted to let you know that I didn't go from 3 days of posting to 0, I did NOT up and die. Well, not quite just yet, anyway.

Mike S.

Ah, yes… MCS. Well, there's nothing you can do for it 'crept get more BBQ cookers, thermometers, SV thingy's, and cast iron. Once you're hooked, Well, just think about it.

Nice to to know you're still with us! Have fun and eat good food.

Comment

Hmmm... it seems your gadgetitus (MCS) is metastasizing (Mike S.) 😬

You probably ought to research Kamado cookers soon. You may also acquire MMBS too.🙀 That's an unrelenting desire to Make More Bread. Some guys in the Pit have caught that Syndrome also. Pizza dough is part of the bread syndrome. The best cooker for bread and pizza is a Kamado for sure, better than your kitchen oven! . Making bread the old fashion way is an art form that is very relaxing. Plus it gives you something to do while your smoker is slowly chugging along at 225° for 16 hours. Having fresh bread to serve with your smoked meat is a delightful addition to every meal. Just look for the thread "how to make sourdough bread" and join our bread baking group. It's easier to do than you think it is.👍

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here