Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Cambro question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Cambro question

Hi guys this is one of my first posts but I've been a lurker for a while. I'm in Washington DC, and tonight I'm doing an overnight cook to take to an Annual Father's Day Cookout tomorrow afternoon. I'm doing pulled pork and 4 slabs of ribs in my trusty PBC. Quick question regarding the differences between the faux cambro that Meathead speaks of and a real Cambro that I have and will be using for the second time. If I have a real cambro and I'm more than 2 hours from mealtime after the butt is done smoking, do I still wrap in foil and wrap with towels like Meathead says for the faux cambro? Or do I just wrap in foil minus the towels and throw it in the Cambro?

Thanks Guys,

Dane

Use double plastic then foil to cover your 400 pan or whatever pan you are carting in the cambro. Then just close the lid. It would benifit a lot to prime your cambro as well. a good solid wrap (cater) should be done though. You dont need towels.

I hope this helps

Comment

I have a real cambro and I just wrap with foil (no towels).

Comment

Yep, I agree with the above, the towels are just for insulation in a faux cambro (cooler). Not needed in a real one unless you're unplugging it and need them to help hold heat.

Comment

Also, a faux cambro doesn't have the slots for the pans to slide into.

Real or faux, it's an insulated box. Not well insulated, wrap with towels.

Jim

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here