Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother's Day cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother's Day cook

It was a while ago but I thought I would post some pics. Sous vide 2 lamb shoulders for 48 hours then finished them on my stick burner for an hour. Cooked some Simon and Garfunkel rubbed chicken while the lamb shoulders smoked.

I took the baffels out of my smoker and was able to achieve 325 degrees on the chicken side and 285 degrees on the lamb side. Worked out perfectly.

I smoked the chicken pecan wood. It was super juicey and tasted great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170513_173502.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	331990Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170514_140033.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	502.0 KB
ID:	331991Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170514_140344.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	331992 ​​​​

That lamb looks amazing! Nicely done.

Comment

Nice. I love lamb shoulder when cooked slowly like that.

Comment

Looks great! How nice that you could arrange to have two zones in your stick burner that were just the right temps for the two meats you were cooking.

Kathryn

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Yep, that lamb is mouth watering!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here