Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking Suggestions Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking Suggestions Please.

I have been out of commission for a while and am ready to fire up my webers. I will be making andouille sausage today and smoking them for a bit.

May I please reiterate.... Pit People are just awesome! Always eager to help, advise, suggest and yes give their wacky 2.3 cents for free.
    I have recently acquired a Slow n Sear and it's sitting on my shelf until next weekend. It's just sitting there, mocking me. I know it's mocking me, I can feel it in my gut. Perhaps I'll take it out of the living room.

Any suggestions for nexts weeknds cook with my Slow n sear? Im thinking chuckie. I heard it will change my life and there's a sauce too.
    Who doesn't love a good sauce?

Pit people rock!

Heard dat, about them things mockin' ya':
    I got a few items in th' LR, doin' th' same dang thing...
    Reckon I'll haveta use 'em, this weekend, put th' naggin' to rest!

Comment

I love doing chuckies. I like to use a thiner, Texas-Style sauce when I am making my pulled beef. That being said, I am a huge fan of pork shoulders for first cooks. They are forgiving and they work great when you trying out a new cooker or add on.

Thanks for the kind words. This is a great place.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Comment

Wings are great SnS first cook.
        I don't like BBQ sauce.

Comment

I have yet to make my own sauce, but I believe you will have fun with a pork butt, as Spinaker says, they are very forgiving. You will get a chance to see how the SnS seat performs, figure out how to set the vents and when to make tweaks and clean ashes out while still getting great BBQ! Enjoy.

Comment

I'm planning on chicken quarters for my first SnS cook this weekend, probably ribs the following week.

Comment

I think we gotta come up with a saying
              "once you have a chuckie you'll never go back".
              They are awesome. You won't regret it.
              Let us know what you're gonna do.

Comment

It's settled, a chuckie it is, sauce suggestions if any Steve B? Also putting on two butts. One small one cut in half. No sure who's first.

Comment

Chuckies are the BEST! It is like a pork butt and a brisket had a baby, a delicious, delicious baby. As for sauce, I found that Huskee Shawsh is a good fit with the chuckie.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Well the Blues had a Baby - they called it Rock n Roll"!

UGH!!! Now I have a craving for pulled chuckie and no time to actually make it for at least another week. It really is a game changer when you get it tender enough to shred. Maintaining ~210 IT for about an hour and then a couple of hours holding in the faux Cambro after it gets probe tender makes all the difference, imho.

As far as sauce, and if I'm going the readily available store-bought route, I like Stubbs'. Very little sweetness at all, which makes it a lot more compatible with beef than most other off the shelf stuff. Honestly, though, the meat usually just gets devoured before any sauce has a chance to get on it at my house.
                Last edited by Steve R.; June 2, 2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Stubbs Hot is my go-to commercial sauce.

Homey until you do something about it you have a sit n stare.

As for sauce w chuck I like to have molasses in it as the sweetener.

Comment

In Homer's timeless words, "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, chuckie". You might want to do dry run, just to check out air control and how much charcoal to start with.

Comment

pork butt first, it's definitely the most forgiving! relearn on the easy guy first

Comment

Weber + SnS... first cook recommendation. USDA Prime grade Ribeye! Dry brine it overnight and then reverse sear it on your kettle. It's a dinner you will never forget.👍 You will think about it as your first cook for forever.🤗

Comment

• JCBBQ
                        JCBBQ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey buddy, welcome back! We missed you.

• HouseHomey
                        HouseHomey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I cant stop thinking about the Ribeye!

d Ok, the Ribeye thought is killing me. But it is settled. Just salt. And here we go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6941.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	327374Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6948.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	327.4 KB
ID:	327375Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6943.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	370.8 KB
ID:	327376Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6946.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	373.8 KB
ID:	327377
                      JCBBQ Thank you.
                      Chuck and butts been sitting in my fridge since 10am this morning. No shortage of good ideas for eats on this thread. Got the Choice chuck at Von's $2.99lbs so it's worth the experiment.

Tic toc!

Comment

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Keep us posted!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here