Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Memorial Day Menu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs and pulled pork, looking forward to cooking after being away for a week. I plan on testing out the Diamond King Smoker box in my vertical gas smoker.

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Ready for Europa? HAHAHA HAHAHA

• Gooner-que
      Gooner-que commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes we are off to Europa league, but at least we have a trophy to go with it. COYG!!!

As I have two racks of prime beef ribs in the freezer, I think I will see about a season-smoke-sous-shock-smoke approach to them. I'm thinking I need to get started on this on Friday to have em ready in time. I might be behind the curve already.

Comment

I am going to have to think on this one, but I know Sunday is planned. F1 for breakfast, Indy 500 for lunch and Coca-Cola 600 for dinner.

Comment

• cgrover60
        cgrover60 commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too buddy.

I'm thinking ribs. Or maybe ribeyes on the SnS. Or both! I didn't make any ribs at all last year, which is definitely not the norm. Lot's of pulled pork for various graduations but no ribs. It's time.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, that needs fixing!

• IrondeQuer
        IrondeQuer commented
        Editing a comment
        Fixed!! Baby backs on the Cajun Bandit. 4 racks worth. Overcooked a little but still delicious.

I won't know for sure until weds night. Unless I have a specific request (pork belly is a current request for this weekend) I typically wait till my local butcher posts specials for the week. That comes around close of business weds, for the following week. Usually something that can make up my mind for me. This is the one from last week, as you can see, some may find boneless ribeye attractive at $6.97.

Click image for larger version

Name:	armata.PNG
Views:	132
Size:	333.9 KB
ID:	322842

Comment

• 6th Borough BBQ
        6th Borough BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice - I've never tried a pork belly and definitely need to give it a go soon.

• Notavegan
        Notavegan commented
        Editing a comment
        I've done pork belly...... once. GREAT. Lots of fat. I mean, lots and lots of it. You may want to consider a drip tray for the fat that renders. Or not, personal preference but the end result is really amazing, and not all of the fat is gone, but whats left is insane.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Render dat fat good, like...
        Put it in th' grease canister next to yer stove....MMMMMMMM!!!!!!!
        Ya do have a grease canister, right?

I have just been informed I WILL be smoking ribs this weekend.

Comment

• Notavegan
        Notavegan commented
        Editing a comment
        Craig, I feel that. I'm often informed as well what will be cooked.
        (I try to head that off by just buying the protein without asking).

The story of my first cook last weekend (ribs) went through the extended family quickly. I'm now on the hook for Memorial Day. My 18" Weber is too small to do enough ribs for 8 people though, so I'm thinking I'm going to try my hand at pulled pork this time.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure smells that way!

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm guessing a WSM 22" at least and maybe KBQ to feed the many to follow. Better hurry! You have a whole summer of smoking for a crowd!

• j_keegan
        j_keegan commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha! Yes, indeed the MCS is strong with this one... I am strongly considering a PBC before the summer is over. But I will continue to cook on and push the limits of the small but mighty 18" kettle in the meantime!

I have an Akaushi Wagyu brisket from Heritage Foods thawing for the weekend, haven't decided what else to go with. The nice thing about their brisket is that they come pretty much trimmed.

Comment

Doing 4 butts & a prime packer brisket for a combined Retirement/Promotion/Tenure party for a bunch of folks I used to work with (before I retired ). I'm still the "go to" guy for smoked meats! Should be fun...

Comment

looks like it will be burgers and hot dogs on Sunday. We just had a big cook this past weekend. Might do some Short Ribs on Monday.

Comment

I'm smoking up 3 racks of ribs 3-2-1 style and finishing with my honey chipotle sauce, per the pregnant wife's request. Also grilling a new burger recipe, and some dogs for the kiddos. Not sure about all the sides yet, but I've heard rumors of sweet potato salad, macaroni salad, potato skins. Should be a fun time.

Comment

• Notavegan
              Notavegan commented
              Editing a comment
              Chef check my wood haul from today. Apple from the 2012(?) Halloween storm that crippled northeast fora week w o power. And a big pile of cherry from a tree that went down recently. I'm set for a while. Band saw these down to manageable chunks and I'm in business.

• StealthChef
              StealthChef commented
              Editing a comment
              Notavegan: I've been wanting to try an all wood smoke. Haven't found a source for wood yet. Hope to soon tho.

• Notavegan
              Notavegan commented
              Editing a comment
              Anyone in the western ma area that wants apple, I have plenty. And cherry.

For my part this weekend gonna keep it simple with reverse seared stuffed 1/2 lb burgers.

Comment

BBQ Chicken on WSM
              Frijoles Borrachos over fire pit in Dutch oven. Cooking them now.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd LOVE to see th' receipt fer yer "Drunken Refried Beans", Amigo!

Weather now looking up for Mem day. Tomorrow, big cowboy Ribeye. Have to figure out Monday.

Comment

Cooking on Saturday, reserving Monday to keep it in perspective.

Saturday's menu will be baby backs, baked beans, potato salad, and smoked chili rellenos (dipped in thick hush puppy batter).

Comment

• 6th Borough BBQ
                  6th Borough BBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love chili rellenos, need to find that recipe as I've never made them.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here