Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Memorial Day Menu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Memorial Day Menu?

Hello everyone- with Memorial Day approaching I was curious what everyone has on the menu? I'm planning for a Carolina style pork butt, and some Jalepeno poppers whose recipe I saw posted here a week or so ago. Not sure what else yet. What is on your Memorial Day menu?

Briskets and ribs...not sure on the sides yet.

Comment

Unfortunately, work. That said, we'll probably do a big batch of burgers and brats on the Weber Ranch Kettle while we're there.

Comment

Won't be able to cook. Maybe something Monday night.

Comment

Definitely ribs, and since my father in law is coming over from the Netherlands, and he insists you can't get a good steak over there, then one of the days that'll be on the menu. I make a mean potato salad, so that'll feature throughout the weekend, and we'll get some good fresh mozzarella and have Caprese salad too.

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey JC. A good potato salad is always nice.
            Would you mind sharing your recipe?? With some pics.
            I think the guys and gals here would enjoy that.

Power wash and stain a fence, then ribs. Gotta earn it, yes?

Comment

Briskets, Pork butts, Ribs, (Both BBR, n' SLC), Chuckies, Fatties, Meatloaves, Burgers (Brisket, NYS, & Chuck), Jalapeño Cheddar Brats, Bacon Cheddar Brats, Jalapeño Cheddar Brat Burgers, to start with.
            Chicken thighs, drumsticks, mebbe wings, too...Cajun boneless skinless chix breasts
            Salmon filets, Tilapia filets, Lobster tails...Shrimp, Alligator tail,
            Tater Salad, Coleslaw, Baked Beans, Corn on th' Cob, Mashed Taters, Green Bean Casserole, Chili, Queso, Jalapeño Cornbread,
            This is what I have on hand, right as of now...Heaven help us all If I go to th' store! (And I will!!!)
            Way I figgers it, I gots me 4 days of smokin' fun, all to myself!

Comment

• Mikey C
              Mikey C commented
              Editing a comment
              And a Diet Coke!

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              Seriously...???.....I think I need to take a road trip!! How many people? Alligator tail....Oh yeah...

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow! That's a menu! What's the trip to the store for? Icecream?

Main Dish- work
            Sides- Holiday Pay, 3 hrs OT with a scoop of nighttime differential

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Too soon for me; had a 14.5 hr Friday, don't want me no leftovers

• OneEyedJack
              OneEyedJack commented
              Editing a comment
              Jerod, me thinks you work too much.

I got some racks of lamb. Definitely some ribs on Sunday. Might just do a picnic in the park.
            I don't want to do anything on Monday, Memorial Day.

Comment

Brisket and family on Sunday. I haven't decided what sides will go with this yet. Looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend.

Comment

You guys can think that far ahead? I must be getting old!

Comment

• Steve B
                  Steve B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well Spinaker and EdF maybe I just got too much s#*€t on my plate right now. You know what I'm going through.
                  I'm sure I'll pull "interesting term "through and be back on my feet soon. LOL to you all.

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hang in there, Steve B !

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hang in there and keep the smoke rolling, brother! Steve B

I love making "Pig Shots" for the holiday.

The main course will be PBC ribs, because I want to be on the lake and I won't have time to feed the KBQ.

Comment

We're having a Make Memorial Day Great Again! party. Expecting up to 30 guests. Loading the KK Big Bad 32 with four racks of beef plate ribs. The KK 23 will have 8 lbs of chicken shawarma on the rotisserie.

Comment

• Notavegan
                    Notavegan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Seinfeld reference ...

• Pequod
                    Pequod commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Notavegan - FINALLY someone gets it! 😁👍

• vandy
                    vandy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry never was a Seinfeld fan.

I am going to Sous Vide an 8 lb pork butt that has been seasoned with MMD and frozen so I am going to put that in the water bath probably Thursday morning for about 36 hours at which point I will ice bath it and put it back in the fridge until Saturday morning when I will put it on the Lang with some hickory wood to smoke for about 4 hours. Also going to put some smoked sausage and chicken wings on the pellet grill along with some baked beans. Sides beside the beans will be potato salad and what ever else we can come up with between now and then. Serve the pulled pork with some Black Swan BBQ sauce and we will be in pork heaven!

Comment

• 6th Borough BBQ
                    6th Borough BBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That will only take you 4 hours to smoke on the Lang? - This will be my first pork butt on my Lang so I'm not sure what to expect from a timing standpoint. Normallly I do them on the WSM which takes about 16 hours or so.

• vandy
                    vandy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My reply was a bit lengthy so see my post below. If you have any questions about timing I am sure DWCowles could answer those for you. I have never smoked one all the way with my Lang because of the length of time it would take.

• DWCowles
                    DWCowles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Doing a 8-10 lb butt @ 250 F. on my Lang takes right at 10 hrs. ( yes I'm one of those who wraps) plus a couple hrs wrap in towel and cambro.

If you did it all the Lang without Sous Vide it probably would take you anywhere from 8 to 18 hours depending on the meat and if it stalls for any length of time. Honestly I don't think I want to cook one all the way with my Lang just because of all the babysitting you would have to do to get it done. SV is a great addition to the Lang for cooking a pork butt. Remember When I put it on the Lang it is already cooked and tender from the time in the SV water bath so I am just adding some smoke and getting the bark set. The last one I did this way was excellent, it was tender and juicy but had the smoke flavor and bark that I was looking for. The time in the water bath seemed to amp up the flavor from the rub and the injection that I used on it before freezing it so I was very pleased with the results and my wife raved about which was definitely a plus.

Comment

• 6th Borough BBQ
                    6th Borough BBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Okay wow. I haven't tried that method yet so I'm going to have to study a bit and perhaps give that a try sometime.

• JCBBQ
                    JCBBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    6th Borough BBQ, sous vide is a lot of fun. I got one for Xmass and have been playing around with it. Great in the winter when you can't be figged to go outside.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here