Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ cut identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ cut identification

Found a website that should help identify some of the more common cuts of beef & pork that we BBQ. http://aggiemeat.tamu.edu/barbecue-cut-identification/
    Hope it helps some understand some of the various cuts and where they come from. Leave it to the Aggies to simplify BBQ cuts.

Probably has great info, but being it is from aggieland I have to abstain from their brainwashing.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      Not personally an Aggie, but have many great friends and relatives who are. You just have to learn to put up with their abundant "bull snot" once in a while.

Many thanks..That will come in handy when I try to explain to my butcher what cuts I want

Comment

HorseDoctor great idea for a post, especially since AR is a global group. Here is another source that has some explanations for beef around the globe.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

.........Hopefully we can get a live seminar at the Memphis Meat Up next year!!!!

Comment

I work with Aggies daily. I worked with one Friday and Saturday whose dad is a professor there. It's all good.

Is it me or does that lid on that pit look like it is about 10,000 cooks past at least a light scraping. If fuzzydaddy sees that he might flatline on us.

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            No....that's what you called a well seasoned pit

• HorseDoctor
            HorseDoctor commented
            Editing a comment
            I wondered if that pit would generate a comment or two. Makes me feel a little better about mine...

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here