Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went on a little smoking frenzy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went on a little smoking frenzy...

Hi all, today I tried squeezing a lot of dishes into one go. While still doing my day job (working from home)...

I lit up the Weber kettle with the Slow 'N Sear at 07:00 this morning. I used cherry wood chunks for all proteins.

First out: ribs. They wen't on at 07:45. Took a good 4.5 hours, a bit longer than usual for me. No wrap, no spray, no nothing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ribs.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	282321

Protein #2: At 12:30 I put on a wild boar ham that I rubbed with juniper berries overnight. smoked it until inner temp was 60° C (140° F)

Name:	wild-boar-ham.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	282324

Item #3: smoked tomato soup, love this one. Smoked the cherry tomatoes for 30-40 minutes.

Name:	tomato-soup.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	300.8 KB
ID:	282322

Item #4: Now, while the fire was hot, added more chunks, and then smoked butter.

Name:	smoked-butter.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	282323

Item #5: well, you gotta have some greens too, so I made a red cabbage slaw with apples, lemon juice and coriander/cilantro. Fresh.

Name:	red-cabbage-slaw.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	282320

All in all it was a good bbq day. Love it.

Tomorrow I will start over by smoking shrimp, salt and sweet potatoes. Same gear, same time.

pumped out a great day of smoke. I like to do that same when I get my PBC up and running. Using every ounce of coals and turning out some good food is the way to go. Like the tomato soup idea, have not tried anything like that before. You have me thinking of a smoked salsa. Could be fun.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, salsa is a great idea, gotta try that.

WOW!!! That all looks amazing. How did the butter take the smoke? I have thought about doing this, but I was always worried about over smoking the butter. What temp did you smoke it at? And for how long?

Great looking cook Henrik. Excited to see what you come up with tomorrow. Smoking salt is gonna be my next foray in the cooking world.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I'll let you know of the butter flavor tomorrow, thought I'd let it rest overnight in the fridge. Cheese takes well to the same treatment, that's why I'm waiting.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      ahhhh, got ya. Henrik

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Quick feedback: dat buttah is good! Will do it more. Am thinking of whipping it to make it fluffy and use in a starter in some nice way.

Everything looks DELICIOUS, Henrik

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Larry!

Impressive!!

Comment

That all looks really awesome, Henrik!

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Mange takk!

Everything looks outstanding! I'd have trouble not going on an eating frenzy afterwards.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Yes, well, my belly sure is full right now.

Henrik, Are You Trying to Make the Rest of Us Look Bad? 👍👍👍👍👍
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I need a job like that - no - wait - I'm retired....

Great lookin' cooks.

Comment

Those are great looking photos! Good job.

Comment

Henrik have you ever made pulled pork from wild boar? I am wondering if the front shoulder would work or if they're too lean. A reader on the free site asked about that a couple days ago.

Your food looks great as always. Makes me wonder how tomato basil bisque would be smoked....

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              A smoked bisque must be great! We should give it a go.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Henrik yes, whichever of us does it first must report the results to the other 👍

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Absolutely. At around 4am this morning I was dreaming of a smoked crab bisque... :-)

You're really pushing it over the top with the garnish on the soup and salad.
            Very nice looking cook. Better than any restaurant I bet.

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Steve! Well, I tend to forget the garnish, but today I made a note of including it :-)

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice job.
              How's your smoker coming along??

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              It's coming along nicely. Will post pictures this weekend.

It's not that I don't like soup....but man those ribs! Great picture! Love the shine on those, can almost smell em'.

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Bob!

Henrik Are you descended from a line of berserkers?

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here