Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot and Fast Brisket Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot and Fast Brisket Recipe

Saw this today and thought I'd share. Haven't tried it, but looks good.

Grilla Grills isn't just the best place to shop for premium-quality grills and smokers. We're also an excellent resource for those who love the art of outdoor cooking

I will stick with the old way....low & slow....that's just me

Comment

I guess if your in a hurry. But i love long slow cooks, guess thats why i dont do hamburgers

Comment

275 is "hot & fast"? Au contraire.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
          HorseDoctor commented
          Editing a comment
          Correct! That's Aaron Franklin's target temp and few if any would classify his Q as "hot & fast".

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          HorseDoctor Granted if/when my pit hits 275 I think 'uh oh, better tone that down a bit'...but 250-275 is still what I'd call upper end low & slow.

Nothing under 350 is really hot and fast for me. Even 325 is, meh.

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
          I will stick with the old way....low & slow....that's just me
          Only in your big rig do you go hot & fast. Nnnnyyyyyeeerrrrrm! There he goes.

Comment

AS others have said, if this is "Hot and Fast" I've been doing "Hot and Fast" the whole time. Gimme a break. Hot and Fast is 350 F or up. Same as Jerod even 325 F is half way there.

Comment

Off the smoker in 6 hours would be WAY faster than I've ever gotten them done. Have the rest of you that are saying "that's how you always have done it" had similar cook times?

Comment

Not me Dr ROK maybe some of the PBCers

Comment

Hmmm... I smoke everything at 225°. I bake chicken and turkey at higher temperatures though just because of the skin.

Comment

I got a brisket done in the PBC in 5.5 hours, barked up, none of this early wrapping crap. I purposely let it rest at least 3+ hours. It was cooked with a turkey and a chuck roast and the barrel was blazing so much I pretty much burnt the legs (in my opinion) on the turkey (I cut the legs off the brisket and chuck roast ), but the folks I cooked it for said the legs were the best part, go figure.

Comment

I had a brisket get done in a little more than 6 hrs when I was still learning my Old Country Over/Under contraption. No stall whatsoever. I had calibrated the dial thermometers, or so I thought, a couple of cooks prior. Turns out, those thermometers are only useful for plugging the holes in the door. The meat came out ok, but definitely not the quality I was used to.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here