Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is What 68 Degrees in February in Michigan Looks Like!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is What 68 Degrees in February in Michigan Looks Like!

As the headline states, it was 68 degrees (and sunny) yesterday in Michigan. So, I fired up the Bradley electric smoker for beef jerky and canned tomatoes (which will be pureed and serve as a base for BBQ sauce). We also did a rotisserie turkey on the Performer, a basic rice dish, a broccoli/apple vinegar-based slaw and potatoes baked in the Jumbo Joe. This is what it all looked like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0863.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	416.4 KB
ID:	277855Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0862.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	383.5 KB
ID:	277853Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0864.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	354.8 KB
ID:	277854

Name:	IMG_0868.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	349.6 KB
ID:	277856Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0866.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	360.9 KB
ID:	277857Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0867.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	327.4 KB
ID:	277859Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0869.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	369.0 KB
ID:	277858

And it all looks delicious! Is it likely you'll have more cold and snow before spring?

Comment

• JeffJ
      JeffJ commented
      Editing a comment
      In Michigan? It's pretty much a given. We are soaking it up while it lasts. I'm off to clean out my garage now. It's sunny and 61 today - gotta take advantage of it!

Fantastic!!!!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Looks like Great Food on a Great winter day!!!
        Seen countless hunnert more geese headin' yer way in th' past few days.... we ain't outta th' woods yet, but Spring is definitely gettin' nearer!!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wash Your Mouth Out Mr. Bones, Talk Like That, You could throw a Monkey Wrench in our Good Fortune!
          From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Great looking cook. Glad to see you taking advantage of the weather. Nice job.

Comment

Looks amazing! Now excuse me while I go clean the drool off my keyboard....

Comment

JeffJ, You'll Ruin Your Appetite if You Try to Eat All of That Yourself! Beautiful Smoke! 👍👍👍👍👍
            Eat Well and Prosper! From A Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Name:	image.png
Views:	80
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	277973

Comment

This weather is crazy. It'd be something to talk about mid-March, all the more so mid-Feb. I wonder if this means spring will eventually come for real much earlier, or if winter will come back and last through April??

Comment

• JeffJ
                JeffJ commented
                Editing a comment
                My fear and prediction is that winter comes roaring back.

Looks amazing (and that you're preparing for inclement weather).

Huskee, my worry with the weather is that all this warm (supposed to be 70F later this week in the Delaware Valley) will encourage early fruit buds and then a freeze will kybosh the whole crop - like last year's sour cherries.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with that worry, and I'm thinking it's a real possibility. I hope not.

Great bbq!
              What is in the potatoes? butter and?
              Chhers from Norway!

Comment

My Bradford Pear trees are blooming like crazy. In Memphis that is not unusual but the only problem with that is we will probably have a freeze and kill all the buds on the trees then it will take them a while to recover from that. We have had up to around 4 inches of snow hit on the last day of March in the past so that is always a concern. Around 5 or 6 years ago we had a hard freeze in April which killed all of my grass that was already nice and green at the time, it took the Bermuda grass a couple of years to recover from that.

Comment

Great looking cook. And can you beat this weather? It was 62 F here yesterday!!! Are you kidding me? In February and in Minnesota? Really? It was a glorious day.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here