Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite non-Q recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite non-Q recipe?

Post 'em if you got 'em. I would post my grandmothers spaghetti sauce recipe, but there isn't one. I just dump stuff in until it tastes right. Soooo - I'm posting a chicken recipe I stole from Kenji - it's my all time favorite non-fried chicken recipe. It's for pan seared, oven roasted chicken with white wine and fine herb pan sauce. The only change I make is to add sliced mushrooms to the pan sauce.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ab-recipe.html

Fresh pasta, boiled in water w/red pepper flakes ...tossed in a bit of olive oil and topped w/ lots of freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano. Very quick and easy, and delicious!!

Comment

There's an "old Italian grandma" lasagne recipe from the Time cookbook series that I love, and a meatball one from the same book that is insane. But I'm not typing all of that. Marcella Hazen's main book is also just full of awesome recipes and how-to.

Comment

I have a Peach-Mango Poached Salmon that I make and it is a real crowd pleaser.

I buy a can of mango nectar and a can of peach nectar and some apple juice. I salt and pepper the salmon filet and cover it in half the juice from each can of nectar and finish filling the pan with apple juice. Poach until cooked how you like it.

While it's poaching I chop up a peach and a mango and a jalapeño and put that in a sauce pan with the remaining nectar from the cans. I reduce it down to the consistency of a chutney and serve that on top of the salmon. Rice goes well with this dish.

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am so doing this one!

I'm simple(minded) I put some water in the bottom of my non stick skillet then use the splatter guard as cover grab 4 to 6 frozen sea Scallops (From Costco) and steam them under the glass lid (on top of the splatter guard) for about 5 min just to mostly thaw out the scallops. Then dump the water and start 3 or 4 strips of bacon on the lowest setting. Let them cook until just about crispy pull the strips and put between 2 paper towels. Then turn up the pan to med and put in the mostly thawed scallops into the left over bacon grease for 90 sec flip another 90 sec and then pull put in a dish crumble the bacon over it and add some freshly ground Parmesan cheese and black pepper and then chow down on those super sweet little mollusks Heaven!! Even better with a sous vide NY strip!! (once again seared in the bacon fat!)

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
          Steve Vojtek commented
          Editing a comment
          You had me at 'bacon'
          Aaarrrggghhhhh....bacon....

My wife's Swedish potato pancakes. Some potatoes (with skins), an onion (or two), an egg (or two), a little flour, milk, fried bacon, salt, pepper, etc thrown into a blender to make the batter. Fry them up in the bacon grease. Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese. (Measurements? You got to be kidding!)

Enjoy!

Comment

That's a hard one.....Hmmmm
          I have so many 'favorite ones'
          But if I had to choose one it would be this one:

Comment

shepards pie, or cottage pie (there is a difference)

Comment

While I am tempted to say my fudge recipe, I'll go with Banana Nut Bread http://allrecipes.com/recipe/67937/e...ut-bread-ebnb/ . I use one cup of white sugar and one cup of brown sugar though. The Fudge recipe I use is a combination of one I found on All Recipes and Alton Brown. Ok, you talked me into it. The fudge base recipe is , http://allrecipes.com/recipe/9420/ol...ocolate-fudge/ . Of course, I add some chopped walnuts, because I just have to. I always double the recipe, so I use two cups of chopped walnuts in the recipe. The part I got from Alton Brown is to add 1 Tbsp. of white corn syrup per recipe, so I use two Tbsps. I also follow his direction and "sweat the candy. Once the fudge mixture comes to a boil, I reduce heat and place the lid on the pan for three minutes. Then I add the candy thermometer, increase the heat and cook until the temperature reaches the soft ball stage, about 234 degrees F. Once I place the lid on the pan, the fudge is not touched again until it's time to beat it 'til it looks dull.
              Last edited by Storlok; February 14, 2017, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Chili.....any kind of chili.

Comment

My wife's favorite thing I make is a seafood pasta dish. It has shrimp, scallops, calamari, and sometimes muscles. I also add artichokes, capers, banana pepper rings, and fresh cut tomatoes with a goat cheese lemon sauce and angel hair pasta.

Comment

I love anything "salad"! Base is chopped sweet gerkins, celery and sweet onion, add boiled shrimp, some horseradish and mayo -- Shrimp Salad. Boiled potatoes, yellow mustard and mayo -- Potato Salad. Chopped ham and mayo -- ham salad. Chicken, especially smoked chicken -- chicken salad. I do have a 2nd chicken recipe, though. Leave the pickles out and add red seedless grapes and chopped pecans with mayo and/or greek yogurt or sour cream. This one is excellent!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here