Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naked Chicken Chalupa??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naked Chicken Chalupa??

OK just saw a commercial for Taco Bell's Naked chicken Chalupa. They claim its a Taco but instead of a tortilla shell its suppose to be made of Fried Chicken?? 1st off they dont do Fried chicken and then poof now they do?? Just wondering has anybody tried this yet?? weird I know but I kind of want to.

My local news ran the story last week. 3 people weighed in - 2 regular news folks and the weather person. They split - 2 were very enthusiastic and the other was "grossed out" by the thought. I think you have to be the first in the Pit to report on it.

Comment

Our Taco Bell is under the same roof as the KFC so yeah, they do Fried Chicken.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
        GadjetGriller commented
        Editing a comment
        nice, here its KFC/Long John Silvers & KFC/A&W Root beer Taco Bells are by them selves but I guess your right its in their wheelhouse hadn't thought of it that way. (all owned by Pepsi Co)

Taco Bell fries their taco shells, so why not fry a taco shell made of chicken?

Comment

I saw that too and was curious. A while ago KFC did something similar called the Deuce and instead of bread they had fried chicken patties. Was ok, kind of typical fast food.

Comment

Sounds terrible, but I bet its really good. I cant imagine what goes into it to make it possible.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
            GadjetGriller commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah thats where I'm at sounds bad (the Chicken taco) but I still want to try it?

I'd put any fried product from Taco Bell and Long John Silver's up against the stuff they fry at Red Lobster and comically refer to as "hand battered." Not to mention the hefty price tag to help pay those $50/hr experienced hand-batters.

Comment

a local newspaper:

Comment

I guess I'll be the first to admit that I've tried it......and liked it. Most things don't gross me out. I'll tilt my head in confussion, but I'll try it anyways because I'm curious and my power to say no is weak. It was tasty and I'd buy it again.

Comment

• BigCountryQ
                BigCountryQ commented
                Editing a comment
                McRib was terrible in my opinion.
                I think Taco Bell's Breakfast and most of their food is awesome for fast food.....this makes me hate myself hahaha

• Atalanta
                Atalanta commented
                Editing a comment
                OMG their breakfast crunchwrap is a heart attack in a tortilla. I pass the Taco Bell on my way to work just as they open and I've managed to resist. It's hard, I caved twice in 3 years.

• Jeff_Carley
                Jeff_Carley commented
                Editing a comment
                Liked it a lot. The avocado ranch was my favorite part. It messes with your brain bc there isn't beef where you are use to it, but its worth a try for sure!

Sounds good to me

Comment

Ok I finally got around to trying a Naked Chicken Chalupa. Didn't taste a thing like chicken it was crispy and a little spicy but not chikenany at all?? will I get it again? Probably not Its not bad its just not what I wanted.

Comment

• tbob4
                  tbob4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad you tried it. I'm still going to go for it. I saw a couple of stupid (funny) commercials this week with it.

• GadjetGriller
                  GadjetGriller commented
                  Editing a comment
                  tbob4 as stated it wasn't bad. I ate every bit of it But it was funny you know how everything tastes like chicken? Well this didn't and it was chicken!! ok it was mostly crispy breading of some sort with a

• GadjetGriller
                  GadjetGriller commented
                  Editing a comment
                  little heat and salad stuff. Go for it its not bad just not what I expected (Once again dont know what I expected but that wasn't it lol )

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here