Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok...Let's hear it. What's everyone cooking this weekend???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok...Let's hear it. What's everyone cooking this weekend???

Let's hear it!

Nothing. Just not in the mood.

Comment

Getting up at 3 supposed to be around 12 degrees to do a slab of ribs then smoke and bake some white cheddar macaroni and cheese

Comment

Tomorrow (Saturday) I have 4 chuckies to smoke and Super Bowl Sunday I will be smoking 2 slabs of beef short ribs, bacon wrap meatballs, buffalo wings, parmesan potato wedges and cheeseburger dip.

Comment

Ribs! KBQ! Gonna be Epic.

Comment

I don't rightly see how I'll have any time t' cook out, what with alla th' prep!

Researchin', shoppin', readyin' multiple cookers, thawin', trimmin, dry brinin', preppin' ingredients, slicin', dicin', gratin',grindin', makin/'mixin'/applyin' rubs n' spices, sauces, marinades, toppings, appetizers, sides, bevs...usw.

Mebbe I'll jus' order a pizza...how busy could they be during the game?

Comment

• Syko
            Syko commented
            Editing a comment
            A pity. It looks like you won't have time to eat, either. Sigh, I am willing to help you with that.

6 racks of ribs, 4 tri tips and 20 lbs of wings. Starting at 06:00 on Sunday with a 14:00 delivery time. Posted and edited for this reason - either ecowper or CaptainMike asked me awhile me to do an experiment: ribs with my mustard base vs ribs without. Three of the racks have the mustard base and the other 3 do not. Everything else is identical. So I will have 50 people to weigh in with an opinion.

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            TheCountofQ - yes typo - 10 lbs of wings. That's why I'm not in business. Could you imagine. "You said 20 lbs! I want 20 lbs! I've got two growing boys and 10 lbs ain't gonna cut it!" All I could say would be "Sir, sir, please put that drumstick down and lets talk this out."

• TheCountofQ
            TheCountofQ commented
            Editing a comment
            10 is still a lot in my book. Especially along with the rest. I was thinking maybe the "0" was the typo, and you really meant 2lbs.

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            TheCountofQ- Yeah - It will be interesting. A buddy from my old job invited 50 people over and he wanted the ribs, tri-tip and 12 pounds of BBQ'd turkey breast. The butcher had it for $3.99lb. I told him it was not worth it. Thus, the wings.

3 smoked chuck, 4 lbs balogna.

​​​​@SlushDeezey there is a sticky in the beef section. May need to modify for your cooker or taste. I've got a thread started for mine. May not post every step, play by play, but hopefully will be good info there before it's all said and done. Some top notch Chuck smokers are ringing in with great advice. There are choices to be made, that everyone does not agree on, but then again, different people have different values and want different things in the finished product.

Different strokes ....ya know!
          Last edited by TheCountofQ; February 4, 2017, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Burnt ends and homemade bacon

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              I was also planning to do homemade bacon but my butcher had a death in the family and will be closed until Monday. I have to leave back out on Wednesday so hopefully next time.

Quick and easy and tasty stuff. Smoking some boneless loin back rib meat for mini rib-wiches and making a cold and hot dip. my wife the baker is making king cake to combine super bowl and Mardi gras parties.

Comment

St. Louis and Babybacks.

Comment

8 lbs of boneless short ribs, 2.5lb side of salmon, chicken thighs for pulled chicken (nachos, wraps, eat with a hand for all I care).

ya know, I was holding a big fat chuck roast in my hand. I haven't been down that path but wish I got one now. I will, its gonna happen. We'll see if not tomorrow. but its gonna happen.

Comment

First try at pizza on the KJ. Hope it works!

Jim

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here