Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you serve your pulled beef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you serve your pulled beef?

I'm smoking a chuck roast. Figure I'll make sandwiches, but unsure about sausing/sauce type, and a side or two. Suggestions?

Last time I did it i made the kc style bbq sauce and the Carolina gold mustard base sauce and let everyone choose their own I like both

Comment

I like to just roll with caramelized onions and a little Tabasco Chipotle wrapped in a tortilla.

Comment

• lschweig
        lschweig commented
        Editing a comment
        Caramelized onions with brisket or chuckies are da bomb.

Chuckies like pulled pork and can be used in a wide variety of ways with or within a wide variety of dishes and your imagination is your guide.

Sammie's are great, let the individual eater decide upon sauce amount if desired. Sides would be beans, cole slaw, potato salad, mac and cheese and so on and on.

Mexican food loves smokes meats thus burritos, tacos, and so on.

Goes great added to beans, chili, even an omelet.

Just a pile of pulled beef is great as well with some sort of side. Sauce, cheese, sour cream, and etc are certainly welcome to add to the mix.

Just my thoughts, no absolutes as it is so versatile and can be used in many ways.

Comment

So you just smoke a chuck roast and pull it like you would with a pork butt? Hmmmm...good idea. :-)

Comment

• GirlpoweredBBQ
          GirlpoweredBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha ha ha. I may soon have some "under my belt," soon, too! Thanks, lschweig! I bet they don't take that long to make.

• GirlpoweredBBQ
          GirlpoweredBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, Steve b! I am glad you reminded me to stop by for conversation, not just when I'm cooking. :-)

• Darchie03
          Darchie03 commented
          Editing a comment
          GirlpoweredBBQ, I have gotten to the point that I prefer pulled beef over pulled pork. Very tasty

They make excellent cheese steaks. I like sautéing up some onions and jalapeños with a little granulated garlic than add about 3/4lb of the pulled beef (yeah I'm a pig) dust it with some reaper powder (that's Carolina Reaper hot peppers dried and ground) add I don't know about 6-7-8 slices of American cheese till it all comes together. Scoop all into a nice hogie roll,wrap it up for about 6-7 minutes and GO TOWN. Of course with a couple of nice brews. That's how I roll. I could eat that every night if I'm not eating wings

Comment

• JPGators17
          JPGators17 commented
          Editing a comment
          I need to bookmark this. Drooling.

I served pulled beef this way Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0003.1.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	270453

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          DWCowles - that looks awesome. I bet some homemade crusty rolls would take that waaaay over the top.

• JPGators17
          JPGators17 commented
          Editing a comment
          I shall strive for that awesomeness one day. This one wasn't up to snuff.

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          That is amazing!

Another vote for caramelized onions. As mentioned above, smoked meat does seem to lend itself to Mexican foods. I always hope for leftovers for taco salad. You can serve the meat straight up or fry it up with some taco seasoning. Or grill some peppers and onions to make some amazing fajitas....

Comment

I love the ideas involving mixing it into other dishes, especially since my first attempt came out really dry. Lol

Comment

Well, a little reference. This is a bit more complicated than you need to go, but it's so good. Have made it several times, and never had regrets. Obviously you can substitute your favorite beef rub.

Beef makes a great BBQ sandwich but it tends to dry out during the cook. This three stage method using a Dutch oven keeps it tender, moist and flavorful.

Comment

And here's what I do with the leftovers Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002.3.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	270464

Comment

• lschweig
                lschweig commented
                Editing a comment
                OMG that looks really good and I just finished dinner. Holy Crapola.

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                Very nice. Sometimes a good ol plate of nachos (never tried it with pit beef)(that looks awesome) is the perfect way to kick back and chill. Nice.

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                DWCowles - I'm smokin' a pork butt for the Superbowl party we are going to. I had planned to get some slider buns for serving, but maybe I should get a bag of Tostitos and make a bunch of taco bites - chip, beef, cheese, jalapeno, and salsa. Sour cream on the side just in case.

House BBQ sauce. Got one? I'll give you the same hint I give everyone else: fresh ginger. And maybe, this season, fresh grapefruit for a sour/tart? Yum!

Sides? Sweet tader fries. A tart butter sauce for artichokes.

Comment

When I crutched mine last weekend, I threw in some porter beer, drained the juice when I took them off to rest, took the juice added some flour and let that simmer on the stove down to a rue, served that with the roast, omg it was good!

Comment

The next time I make a chuck roast will be my first time. After reading today I can't WAIT to try it.

Comment

• lschweig
                    lschweig commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are going to love it.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here