Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby-Backs in Instant Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby-Backs in Instant Pot

Has anyone tried to make baby-backs in an Instant Pot pressure cooker? There is a recipe in the instant pot cookbook. The current weather in Chicago is not to conducive to using my Keg to smoke ribs.

Hey, it can't turn out bad. Try it and let us know. My wife braised some a week or so ago in the Chinese 5 spice style, and they made good eating for a few days!

Comment

I haven't but it will work just fine. Heat and time is all you need. I am not very familiar with them but I am sure we can find some information for you.

Also, I have a KEG as well. I use a Rain cap from some vent pipe on mine to smoke/snow in the rain. It works really well, as long as it's not too windy out. Just plop it right on top of the KEG and away you go.

Comment

And throw in some Liquid smoke with the beef or chicken stock and you'll have some smoke flavor too boot.

Comment

I do ribs in my IP often...16 minutes high pressure, natural release, sauce & 5 minutes in the convection oven. Click image for larger version

Name:	ip ribs.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	264456

Comment

• lbyer
            lbyer commented
            Editing a comment
            Both slabs in a 6 quart IP? What's your technique?

Yes, both slabs in a 6 quart. I intertwine them but make sure they are not touching. Cook 16 minutes on high pressure then natural release (probably 15 minutes). Sauce & bake in my convection oven for 5 minutes.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            They look really good!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here