Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnS Meatloaf perfection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnS Meatloaf perfection

Maybe you can tell by now, this is my new favorite dish. So good.
    Attached Files

Smoked meatloaf is AWSOME!!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

What's your recipe? Looks guuuuud!

Comment

Yum! I could use some of that for breakfast.

Comment

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            Whoa! Now you're talking!

JPGators17 , that's some really tasty-looking meatloaf you have there. I bet it didn't last too long. Congrats on a yummy cook!

Kathryn

Comment

Where's the recipe I am looking for a good one.

Comment

Looks great. Big fan of the smoked meatloaf. It is soooo much better than regular meatloaf!

Comment

The surface looks awesome. Actually all of it looks awesome! This is definitely on my short list. Looking forward to your recipe.

Comment

Very nice. I'm also interested in your recipe... Please.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

YELL it with me people, "WE WANT RECIPE! WE WANT RECIPE! WE WANT RECIPE!"

Make sure to bang your utensils on the table in sync with me as well.

Comment

• lschweig
                          lschweig commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Maybe we should not just say it, but yell it!

• Mr. Bones
                          Mr. Bones commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Joining in the unrest, adding to the din...
                          Please, hurry; the table is oak! lol! ;-) OW, Ow, ow, ow, etc., usw.,...

• Mr. Bones
                          Mr. Bones commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oops, just saw that Pit Boss said 'utensils', not forehead!!! Whew! Better, already, but everything was starting to go gray, for a while!
                          My bad. (ow!) ;-)

Beeyouteemous! I did my first Weber kettle/SnS meatloaf the other day and I agree it makes a mean meatloaf!

Comment

Ha! I'll gladly share, but I haven't formulated a specific recipe. I've been playing around with it each time, but this is probably close to what I'll settle on permanently. Here's an approximation, adjust the ratios for your crowd size:

Ingredients:
                          3 lbs ground beef
                          1lb ground Italian sausage
                          1 packet of meatloaf seasoning (or your own seasoning, I was in a hurry. I don't find the seasoning to make or break the dish, the smoke steals the show either way)
                          2 eggs
                          1.5 cups of bread crumbs (I will do 2 or 2.5 for this much meat next time, I thought it came out too dense)

Prep/cook:
                          1. Mash it all up and form the 2 loaves. 1 loaf with all this would take a long time and I'm not sure the bark would turn out as good.
                          2. Stick it back in the refrigerator to chill back down, it will help it firm up and take on smoke better. The 30 mins or so that it takes to get the smoker up to temp should be fine. Try the freezer for less if you're rushing.
                          3. Prep the Webber Kettle w/SnS: 12 lit briquettes in one corner then about 40 unlit next to them and adjust your vents until you're around 225 steadily. Something similar can be done without the SnS, but why do that to yourself? Buy the SnS.
                          4. Slap the loaves on the grill side by side, with a few inches in between them. Add a hunk of wood, I use hickory.
                          5. Dust the tops of the loaves liberally with MD. I know it's beef, but the sweetness works perfectly here.
                          6. Cook to an IT of 160. I wasn't watching the time too closely, but I'd say it took about 2.5, maybe 3 hours.

I'll note that twice I over adjusted the vents and it shot up to 270ish for a few minutes. I don't know if it had any noticeable impact on the outcome. And I think that's all folks. Pretty easy for the deliciousness you'll get out of it. And you'll blow your guests minds.
                          Last edited by JPGators17; December 17, 2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Willy
                            Willy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Try adding some grated onion--maybe one small onion's worth.

• JPGators17
                            JPGators17 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah, I'll probably add onion back into it in the future. I used to add a chopped onion, but thought it was too much, and I didn't care for the texture. Grating it is a great idea, hadn't thought of that.

• Storlok
                            Storlok commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I use diced onion and diced sweet peppers. Both are put into a sauté pan and rendered tender. Near the end of the sauté, I'll toss in a bit of garlic, just to round things out. I then add those to the meat mixture in the bowl. I also add a half cup or so if the KC Classic BBQ sauce into the mix.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here