Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Himalayan salt block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Himalayan salt block

Just received one of these as a gift. Anyone have experience using one? Recipes?? Many thanks!

Lake Rat - I had one of these a few years back. I always liked it for shell fish, i.e. shrimp, scallops, etc. I'd heat the salt block to about 450F or so on my kamado, pull it and put it in is frame, put it on the table, (NOTE: you need to really insulate the table from the salt black ... I used trivets on top of a wooden plank that I had finished.) and then let everyone cook their skewers of shrimp etc. on the salt block. Alas, it cracked in about 4 pieces and was done. You can also do thin sliced beef, pork etc. You're really only limited by your imagination. Make certain to clean after you're finished with the meal. I always used a damp rag, no soap!

Comment

Lake Rat , I had a similar thread a while back. You might check it out. Meathead put a pretty cool write up in there and a few guys jumped in with some other thoughts.

here is a link to that thread:

Comment

I just got a salt block too, a 9" x 9" sized one. Used it once so far. Heated it slowly until it got to 634 degrees, then carefully moved it to the table. Had towels and ceramic trivets to protect the table. I had marinated some flank steak to do fajitas. They turned out very well and was an impressive presentation. Click image for larger version

Name:	0530161939a.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	189094

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here