Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank You Amazing Ribs & The Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You Amazing Ribs & The Pit

A friend was in from Australia with family and requested we do a brisket. Seizing the opportunity at hand, I obtained a Choice Grade, 14 lb, packer from the Corner Butcher Shop and went to work. Having never done a brisket, Amazing Ribs became my constant companion for the task at hand. Trim the fat cap to +- 1/4", dry brine for 8 hr, inject with Butcher BBQ Brisket Marinade (still finding remnants on the walls/kitchen cabinets), rest for 3hr, and immediately before placing on the grill at midnight, a generous rub-down with "Big Bad Beef Rub".
    With my set-up, I was able to pre-heat the grill with propane and ignite the charcoal and hickory/applewood chunks prior to shutting down the gas and allowing the Auber SYL-1615 to take over temperature control at 225'. +- 1' performance from that instrument! Never would have believed it. For the next 5 hr, I kept a remote eye on things with a Maverick ET-372.
    After 5-1/2 hr when the brisket reached 150' internal temp., a splash of Apple juice, a quick mop, and tight wrapped in foil, back on it went. At the 10-1/2 hr mark, the brisket was at 190' so I removed it from the grill and placed it in the oven at 200' for another two hours followed by two more hours at 170'. At 198', out it came, immediately wrapped in towels and placed in a cooler for 3-1/2 hr.
    6:00 PM, time to serve; put up or be forever vanquished to the BBQ Hall of Shame.
    I was cautiously optimistic, but there were 19 people watching as I unwrapped the prize. 1st indicator, there had been no resistance when the Thermo-Pen was inserted. 2nd, the brisket "jiggled" as I removed the foil and went about capturing the 3 cups or so of Au-Jus. Slicing revealed the true finished product: I cannot imagine beef being any more tender, flavorful, and juicy.

Congrats on a great cook - it looks really good.

Comment

Nice Smoke Ring! That looks like it tastes Awesome! Congrats on the success!

Comment

Sweet smoker set up. I LOVE my Auber.

Comment

Looks great! Not bad for a "rookie"...

Comment

CONGRATS on a great cook when the pressure was on!

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Comment

Thank You, for the kind words. I may have been a bit reckless, 1st time brisket and 1st time using my new Auber controller, but, no guts-no glory. As with most extended cooks; the real work is to remain hydrated while slaving over the hot pit.
              No surprise Amazing Ribs is THE go-to for BBQ.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                If you're not living life on the edge you are taking up too much space!

Great job. Getting a brisket that nice on you first attempt is quite a feat. Your friends will talk about you and that great brisket for years.

Comment

Beautiful brisket and that's a great smoke ring. Congrats on doing an outstanding job! You treated your guests very well.

Comment

Awesome cook!

Comment

(luv2q), Don't Give us any of that Rookie BS! 👍👍 That is Great Looking Brisket! 👍👍. Tell Us More about Your Smoker, It looks very Interesting, Is It a Commercial Product or Home Built?
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Congratulations. And that's a nice rig.

Comment

Wow Nice cook and Very nice Rig!! Do you own a bar? A home micro brewer (making easy to stay hydrated on those long cooks!) very interesting. I'm sure we would all like to hear the story of you Smoker!

Comment

Great job!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here