Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Cookin'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Cookin'?

So, since today is Brunswick, which is far easier to make, I am working on other things. We smoked a chunk of bacon this morning. the garden is beginning to come in which means tomatoes. far more tomatoes than i can eat. I have been agitating for a while for a solar food dryer. well, it just hit me, who needs a solar food dryer if you have a car? Since i am not allowed to drive, there is always one car just sitting in the driveway. I just went out and hit the windshield of the state car HWMO drives and it read 136. which means the inside is probably around 150. excellent!

right now, i have a few pounds of home grown tomatoes on the stove cooking down and reducing to make Conserva. the Italian style tomato paste. in an hour or so, I'll stir in some olive oil and pour the reduced sauce into my silicon baking pan and it goes on the dashboard. by tomorrow evening, Monday at the least, it will be beautiful, thick, delish conserva. Jar it up, put a little oil on top and close it up for winter. anything else that is more than we can eat, similarly will go on the dashboard to dry. I have some cherries to pit, some blueberries in the fridge and some peaches. all for the dashboard.

So, what's on your fire, today?

Do you cook steaks on the manifold Karon?😆
    Last edited by Breadhead; June 25, 2016, 10:09 AM.

Comment

no, you need the engine running to do that. but, you CAN bake cookies on the dash if you are patient.

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        True Dat... You can fry eggs on the hood too.😆

We did coddled eggs once in Inyokern, CAL, on the dash just to see if we could do it. We could, but the car smelled for awhile. So, crack the windows an inch or so - really cuts down on accumulated smells for some reason. Dark colors are better, of course. If your coddler is white, wrap in thin black cloth.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here