Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why use a cold water thaw process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why use a cold water thaw process?

I will tell you why.

When you got 4 briskets weighing approximately 60 pounds in the fridge thawing out for one week, and you go to get them out in order to start trimming, only to find out that someone has transferred them to a commercial freezer and has refrozen the darn things.

Thank goodness for a Yeti!
    Attached Files

Any problem with a warm water defrost?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it sours the ever-living crap out of a brisket. Plus you have the food safety aspect of things and no tellin' what on the surface begging for a temp over 41 degrees.

Good to know.

Comment

When I have a lot of meat to thaw and don't have room in the fridge I will used a cooler with ice. Works great

Comment

And yet another snaffoo, if you look at that top brisket, the pale number, the bag is really loose. I'm thinking that dude is no beuno.

I'll find out when I cut her open.

Comment

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Uh oh ... fingers crossed here ...

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here