Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinner & Dessert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner & Dessert

So, we have been working on our deer burgers. I think i have found my favorite. after Dinner, HWMO indulged ina nice couple of bites from the Mexican Bakery,

then, as i stood up, h says, "where you going?"

"excusing myself"
    "Oh, OK."
    "did you want something?"

"I'll wait"

<I return>

<HWMO>"So, what do you want to watch?"

"I don't know, was there something you wanted to watch?"

"Well, um, i was thinking, if you didn't have any other plans, would you mind...?"

"yeah?"

"Could you play that 'silk reeling video for me again?"

...... ooooooookay ............................................

1/2 lb Ground venison
    1 Tbsp bacon grease
    2 Tbsp gelatin mix (below)
    1 Tbsp salt

salt & pepper to taste

Gelatin, mix 1/3 cup water with 1/2 packet of powdered gelatin.

mix the meat mixture and allow to stand at least 5 minutes.

cook over low heat until desired doneness.
    toast bun with bacon grease
    dress to taste.

for all my friends, here are the first tomatoes of the season. had to pull them a touch early cause we had assistance in the eating process ... (mockingbirds like tomatoes) Click image for larger version

Name:	First Fruits.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	179923

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 06 12 venison pork.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	179922

That is right pretty!

Comment

Looks great to me. Our first tomato had Blossom End Rot. We are out of town this week and it will be close whether or not the next tomato will be ready when we get back,,,

Comment

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        calcium. get some at the garden center. you'll keep having BER until you enhance the soil. LOVE tomatoes but, I think we're going to have one or two extras.

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Than Karon, but that's not the problem. I use an organic fertilizer that contains trace elements and &quot;good&quot; microbes. It's not at all uncommon for the first tomato to have BER in my area. I've been checking and there is no sign on any other tomatoes.

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        excellent! we collect out egg shells over the year and crush them, tossing them in the bed where the tomatoes will go.

Coolness. I mix my deer with bacon ends. Makes a killer meatloaf.

Comment

Awesome looking meal and those maters are enviable! Glad to see the silk reeling is enticing him!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here