Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Check list for us unorganized lazy folks (ok I'm probably the only one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Check list for us unorganized lazy folks (ok I'm probably the only one)

Sorry if that was click bait I dont have one was wondering if somebody has (or can do) one? I'm always forgetting something. When I used the pellet or Kamado cookers it was ok they didn't need constant attention like that #$%@% OFF SET (sorry I'm yelling lol)
    I'm betting there are some people out there that can use A spread sheet to make up a list (with check boxes) of procedures, times and objects needed for a particular piece of meat. then I can print it out and laminate it and Boom! I seem more human!! lol
    OK if you haven't read any of my previous post I freely admit I'm Lazy!! But this seems to be taking it to a whole new level! Its that 20 min or so limit of free time that the Off Set begrudgingly gives me each hour. I bet you could even sell them!! (after giving me a 100% discount for coming up with he idea!! lol)

I don't use a check list myself, other than the recipes and AR. There are several members here who do use them and some are quite thorough. I'm sure one of them will be along shortly with what you are looking for.

Comment

It's bbq. It's been done for century's : ).

It's true I want my airline pilot to run a check list but cooking a butt ?

It just don't work like that : )

Comment

Never have used a check list, though I do try to keep a log book for things that I try to change from time to time. Keeping track of results is helpful.

Comment

Here's mine:
          1. Adult Beverage
          2. Enough Adult beverages
          3. Have fun

Comment

I agree with the above. I don't have a checklist for firing up the smoker anymore than I do for in the shower. If I had a checklist I wouldn't be able to find the thing. My routine is simple- make repeated trips back in the house for the lighter, the lighter cube, I brought out the Maverick receiver instead of the transmitter, where's my phone I need a picture of this for The Pit, etc etc etc.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
              GadjetGriller commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow Huskee now I dont feel so bad that is exactly what I do. Many times I go in for one thing then remember something else and when I get back out back I realize I didn't get what i went for originally!!

Mine's pretty much the same as Huskee 's. And feeding the offset is a good deal of the reason I like it so much.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
              GadjetGriller commented
              Editing a comment
              I must be doing it wrong I dont enjoy that. Do you boftx open the offset and let the bad dense smoke escape from the new split you just put in before closing the lid and letting it vent into the cooking chamber? I do should I just throw it in and let come what may?

• boftx
              boftx commented
              Editing a comment
              A purist would pre-burn the logs to coals, I just put them in and keep the door open long enough to get full smoke ignition, then fiddle with the damper to get the temp stabilized again. But then again, my wife and I like a heavy smoke flavor.

• GadjetGriller
              GadjetGriller commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool Thanks boftx I like a lot of smoke flavor myself (main reason I didn't like my pellet smoker everything came out tasting like roast! Don't get me wrong I like roast but not from a Brisket!)

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here