Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recipe/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the link to my smoked bacon-covered meatloaf recipe:

Kathryn's Bacon Covered Smoked Meatloaf on the PBC Makes three (3) 2lb 12 oz meatloaves (adapted from http://www.afeastfortheeyes.net/2011...-its-best.html

Kathryn

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Great!

• frijolefrito
      frijolefrito commented
      Editing a comment
      So I made your meatloaf and it was good. Everyone who ate it said it blew their mind away.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Awwww, thanks, frijolefrito . It's always good to know when an adaptation of a recipe for my smoker works well for folks beside me.

Kathryn

Possum or Armadillo (AKA possum on the half shell)?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Comment

Serbian Grilled Chicken Bundles are on my list to try.
      Method: Direct Grilling
      Advance
      Preparation:
      You can assemble the packets up to 6 hours ahead and refrigerate them.
      Category: Fowl
      Ingredients:
      For the stuffing:

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
      3 ounces thick-sliced smoky country style bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slivers
      3 ounces thick-sliced smoked ham, cut into 1/4-inch dice
      3 ounces piquant cheese, like gouda, edam, or gruyre, cut into 1/4-inch dice
      8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, lightly pounded between sheets of plastic wrap
      Garlic salt
      Freshly ground black pepper

Other Items Needed:
      large toothpicks or small bamboo skewers

Directions:
      Heat the oil in a small frying pan. Add the bacon and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon. Drain the bacon in a strainer over a bowl to catch the fat. Let both cool to room temperature.
      Generously season each chicken thigh with garlic salt and pepper. Paint the tops with mustard. Place the bacon in a small bowl, reserving the fat. Stir in the ham and cheese. Place a spoonful of this mixture on top of one side of each chicken thigh. Fold the other side over to form a neat bundle. Pin the chicken thigh shut using a toothpick or skewer. Breathe a sigh of relief: the hard part is over.

Set up your grill for direct grilling and preheat to medium-high. (Its better to work over medium-high than high to minimize flare-ups.)

Brush the outsides of the chicken bundles with the reserved bacon fat and season with garlic salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken on the grill, running on the diagonal to the bars of the grate. Grill until browned on the outside and cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes per side. Use an instant-read meat thermometer to test for doneness: you're looking for 165 degrees F.

Transfer the chicken bundles to a platter or plates. Don't forget to remove the toothpicks.

Comment

frijolefrito One of my favorite other-than-BBQ dishes (but still includes the smoker) is smoked lasagna. You can do it on any smoker or grill in which a pan will fit in the indirect side. Here is my personal recipe. Warning- it's NOT light on ingredients, cost, or calories. I smoked my sauce while the smoker was heating up, but it would be jim-dandy w/o doing that too. fzxdoc/Kathryn did one with pulled beef, yum I need to try that for the meat in place of beef & sausage next.

Comment

• frijolefrito
          frijolefrito commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks good accept I am not a fan of Italian sausage.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          frijolefrito Me neither, but it's good in lasagna I think. It would be completely fine to omit it though, just use all hamburger.

• frijolefrito
          frijolefrito commented
          Editing a comment
          OH I made this 100% to the recipe.. LOVED IT. We should have a user suggested recipes and put this one in there. That and fzxdoc smoked meatloaf.

Try this ... fun for the whole family! -- Ed

You can see a short video about it @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyieI2bxyIk Will never smoke hotdogs any other way. I use Double ranch beef hotdogs from

Comment

I always go back to this post btw

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey! Great to hear from you!

• frijolefrito
            frijolefrito commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks I've been super busy. Moved to a condo no smoker allowed.... I made my dad get one and I cook on his when I visit.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here