Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reheating

Hope I'm in the right forum. Any tips on reheating grilled or barbecue meats? Seemingly, if I cook to correct temp on day 1, when I reheat on day 2, I'm going to over cook everything. I live by myself so most recipes last me 3 days or more. I do not buy meat so I am often faced with a whole
    Chicken or 12 that could
    Last a week or more. Thanks!

Don't throw it away! Leftovers are just future meals waiting to happen. Here's what you need to know about freezing leftover meat, thawing, reheating, and using a vacuum sealer, along with some meal planning tips. Yes, it is possible to freeze and reheat leftover barbecue ribs.

Some tips above...welcome!!

Comment

One option is a vacuum sealer and sous vide circulator. I saw you mention that you hunt, so maybe you already have a sealer? If not, a good vacuum sealer keeps food fresh in the refrigerator longer, and for up to a couple of years in the freezer. Reheating takes 20 to 30 minutes even when frozen, and the meat doesn't dry out. Circulators can be picked up pretty affordably, and are easy to operate.

Comment

Because we have 5 pallets to please I often take leftovers and , chop it, add cheese, roll it (tortilla) and the fry it. Serve with rice and beans j

Comment

I like to use steam (although I do have a Anova Sous Vide now so may use that in future) Here in West Texas Water Boils at 204 Degrees which is usually the temp I'm looking for so you cant really overcook the already cooked meat (unless you try to real hard lol) it keeps the meat moist but can soften the bark.

Comment

wrb752 Here are links to three topics on reheating Chicken, Pulled Pork, and Brisket, in that order:

Fellow Pit Masters, I have searched my fingers bloody here on this site. I need your help, please! MeatHead published a recipe for a vinegar (as I remember)

I broke down a full packer this past December into 2 HoF and 1 HoP, and planned on making a traditional Texas brisket this weekend to haul into work for lunch

HTH,
            Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here