Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Cook Book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Cook Book?

I see reading a peoples posts that a lot of people have Sous Vide rigs. I just got mine (the Anova) it comes with a app that tells you cooking times and set temps. I was wondering does anybody know of good Sous Vide Cook books? (hopefully E-books I dont like waiting for things to come from UPS)

There's a few on Amazon

Comment

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks DWCowles I didn't word the post right. I really wanted to know if anybody had one that they liked and would suggest cause there were a lot on Amazon and I've been burned before on what looked like what i needed and it was not.

Not an eBook, but definitely an essential book on the subject is Douglas Baldwin's Sous Vide for the Home Cook. Jason Logsdon has some good ones as well in his Modernist Cooking Made Easy series of books, which are available in electronic format. Another good source is the ChefSteps site, which has a bunch of recipes and high quality videos, where a lifetime membership cost me something like $25.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you badf00d I have seen the Chefsteps on youtube but didn't realize they were a real site. Sous vide for the home cook sounds perfect have a good day!

• mgaretz
      mgaretz commented
      Editing a comment
      Douglas' book is a good basic reference and 5 years ago it was THE reference, but now you can find enough info online that you really don't need a book. Douglas now works for ChefSteps btw. Ah, I see Dr ROK has has given you a link to his site downthread.

Here's a good site to use till you find a book you're interested in. Lots of explanation of the technique and how to do specific cuts. Scroll down the page to find links to specific cuts.

Comment

• choffert
      choffert commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy white paper, Dr. Rok! And some folks say AR has too much science. Awesome resource...equations and everything!

I think the undisputed most comprehensive book on Sous Vide cooking is Modernist Cuisine... But it's very expensive.

I own those books but I also stumble around the World Wide Web looking for times & temps.😎

Comment

google chefsteps or even seriouseats for some sous vide guides/recipes

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here