Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket question ?

After the brisket comes out of the Faux Cambro lets say at 170 degres, how long do you let it continue to rest before you begin carving?

As long as it takes to photo it and carve it! Eat hot meat & be happy!

Comment

• jharner
      jharner commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

I don't let rest...it already rested in the cambro.

Comment

• jharner
      jharner commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

I guess I need a sharper knife, the flat cuts good out of the Cambro but the point seems to get messy.

Comment

A messy point is a plenty tender point and that is goooooooood. Cut with the grain first.

I know of some seasoned competition cooks who like to slice around 145-150 internal.

Comment

• jharner
        jharner commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Jerod

All this talk of brisket lately has really gotten me craving one. I will be training my wife on running the SnS probably Thursday smoking my pastrami from a corned brisket point while I sleep. That'll be good enough I suppose.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerod Broussard they haven't sold a single one to me

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        hahahaha...I cook a lot more overnight since I got mine.

• Rfuilrez
        Rfuilrez commented
        Editing a comment
        Say what you will, but having a computer control the pit is amaaaazing. Being able to "oh crap I gotta run out for a bit" or cook while at work, or sleep through the night is worth it. Who cares if it's not "traditional".

I will say the caps taste great, but since the site has helped me turn out some good BBQ, the family has been turning in special orders. I am cooking 2 briskets for my sister Saturday and I want them to look as good as they taste. Sunday I am cooking ( smoking ) chickens for my dads birthday. I would not have been able to do this without the help of AMAZING RIBS !!!

Comment

sounds like you are going to have a full weekend of smoking ahead of you jharner I can't wait to fire the Lil Monster up it's been awhile

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here