Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It doesn't take a thick piece of meat to get a stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't take a thick piece of meat to get a stall

Currently have some Pork Butt Country Style Ribs going. Stuck my probe it what wasn't the thickest one. It stalled for 1.5 hours at 149. Has been at 151 for over 5 minutes. I think this is the "second stall."

Pics to come later.....I'm running 225 with the Slow 'n Sear.

**Second stall only lasted approx 23 minutes.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; February 24, 2016, 03:19 PM.

I think some country style ribs might be in my future the next time they go on sale. I wonder how many I can get on my 26" Weber w/SnS? Last weekend I was able to squeeze a 4.5 lb butterflied fryer along with 10 lbs of hind quarters (they averaged 1 lb/ea). It was a tight fit, but I was able to make it all work.

Comment

that reminds me... i've been meaning to grab some Country Style ribs to make a "Swineapple" (CS ribs inside a cored out pineapple, wrapped in bacon and slowly cooked to a 150-160 internal.)

Comment

• ribeyeguy
        ribeyeguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Man does that sound good! I'm not much of a fruit eater but I love pineapple. Combined with ribs and bacon? Sounds like off the charts delicious!

I love these things. I just checked them and amped up the Auber to 250 to get them moving along.

Comment

Don't forget to post some pics

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Just sauced and grabbed the phone.....

Oh so good!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice. I need to make these.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            I sauced at 190 internal and they were good, I still prefer the texture closer to 200 internal.

• Tim E
            Tim E commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok Thanks. I'll report back once I try them.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here